PDA

View Full Version : Salt in works van washer bottle

RE03
24-01-07, 08:51 PM
Not as dumb as you may think but adding salt to me washer water, being salty will it not both stay unfrozen in the bottle/nozzles and also thaw out me windscreen if frosty? Ok I know it may make a few things rusty but it's a works van ;)

I think of things like this in my quieter moments you see........................... :-? :-[

Dabz
25-01-07, 09:40 AM
it'd be easier to stick some proper screen wash in there that's designed to not freeze :P

BB
25-01-07, 09:54 AM
I picked up some good screen wash stuff back last year when it was on offer at the local Halfords - sorry but the brand name escapes me. Seems to work well and is supposed to work well below freezing - although I must admit I didn't try it this very frosty morning! I always carry a bottle of it in the boot so I don't run out. I don't see the need to compromise just because I have a company car, for me its easier to just slosh in some fluid than have to faff around and dissolve salt!

BB

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
09-02-07, 11:00 AM
Salt will scrath the screen tho, that why you should never wash a car or bike with fairy liquid due to the salt in that.

Ive had de-icer screen wash before as well and still got some kicking around in my garage but the name escapes me tho. It might be Holts but I could be wrong