PDA

View Full Version : Tumbleweed

Scott_W
23-03-07, 09:44 AM
Come on all, it's been sooooo quiet on here recently - surely somebody has something to post about?!

Genisis
23-03-07, 09:48 AM
Yup i was thinking that :)
finished spraying my bike this week. It went from Black green and red to Black and silver will post some pic's once i get the internet back at home :)

Scott_W
23-03-07, 10:14 AM
Sounds good - what made you decide to do that then?

Genisis
23-03-07, 11:09 AM
the guy i got the bike from had to put a new tank on it which was black with a very badly painted green strip on it.
I had a custom purple Gpx before and just toyed with the idea of respraying the whole bike as it was a bit tatty in places.
Any hows found picture on the internet of a really nice silver and black gpz1000rx and kind of copied the paint scheme.
found the paint for a good price and figured what the hell if i C**K up it needs to be resprayed anyway but it's turned out okay spent about £60 quid and 2 weeks doing it. Just need to tidy up a few bits here and there and put some clear vanish stuff on it.
http://www.mygpz.co.uk/galleries/gallery.php?id=2&pg=3&img=14257
looks very much like that :) with out the silver strip going over the tank and and above the front indicators.

Genisis
23-03-07, 11:17 AM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/genisis300/th4thMar07-6thMeet04.jpg

not a very close up shot but mines the gpz in the middle ;p that what she did look like.

Dabz
23-03-07, 11:25 AM
I've been flat out at work :( looking at getting some new brake pads then desperately need a hugger on there. sunday's looking showery now which is annoying - was going to head down to the coast :(

Genisis
23-03-07, 11:27 AM
Tomorrow looks good.
might head down to Bournemouth if it holds

Scott_W
23-03-07, 11:43 AM
Dabz, which bit of the coast?

We've got some chores to be getting on with tomorrow in preparation for the holiday so no biking action for us this w/end.

Dabz
23-03-07, 11:57 AM
I was gonna head to southsea hehe, the probably along to the docks and have a boat ride :P might just wash the car and bike instead though now if the weather's a bit iffy!

Scott_W
23-03-07, 12:09 PM
If the sun is out, GunWharf Quays will be lovely! Make sure you do head to the 10th hole though for some tea/cake! ;) I assume you know where this cafe is?

Dabz
23-03-07, 01:05 PM
yup, been there a couple times! will have to wait and see what the weather's like - I also wanted to pay richie a visit

HC8
23-03-07, 01:47 PM
i got some really ugly shades of brown grandad socks on reduced to clear at tesco's only £2.50 for 4 pairs ;D ;D
ugly but warm :P

kwik
23-03-07, 03:18 PM
Thank god for this thread, I desperately need some new brown socks would you believe ;D ;) Actually, seriously, I do!

As it's non-bike chat I could go on about how one son got suspended, another passed his first stage medical for the Army, how I've had no social life thanks to writing a mind-numbing dissertation and how one of my patients didn't make it to the loo on time and left a trail of body fluids for me to clean up >:(

But I don't want to go on or anything :D ;)

Snowy
23-03-07, 04:03 PM
I have been so bored today. Day off and cold/damp weather. Had to make a quick trip to the solicitors then renewed my bike insurance. Not bad at £105 fully comp, I was pleased enough to add the additional cover for accessories, leathers etc for another £25. If only I had known about those grandad socks I would have made the effort to get outside!

Eldest daughter had her first 2 hour driving lesson into Salisbury - god help us all lol. Bikes being MOT'd tomorrow.

SkyJawa
23-03-07, 06:36 PM
Some of us are busy at work Wallace - unlike you slacker sales types! :P

Scott_W
23-03-07, 07:41 PM
Oooooh, ark at Mr Ambrosen! :P

FJ_Biker
23-03-07, 09:57 PM
Genisis wrote

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/genisis300/th4thMar07-6thMeet04.jpg

not a very close up shot but mines the gpz in the middle ;p that what she did look like.

I’ve just injured my nose on the monitor ;D

GIXER_PAUL
24-03-07, 12:17 PM
i have been out on the roaqd travelling about so havent been around much. I doubt i will be out on mne this weekend though as im doing some work on the white 205 then off to santa pod tomorrow

FJ_Biker
24-03-07, 12:28 PM
As its quiet Some Colemanballs to pass the time away

http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/Colemanballs/Colemanballs01.htm

SkyJawa
24-03-07, 04:58 PM
Oooooh, ark at Mr Ambrosen! :P

;D

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
26-03-07, 01:41 PM
Ive been busy with dickhead customers whe seem to think they know more than me!!!

Scott_W
26-03-07, 02:39 PM
But they always do Rich, remember, the customer is always right! ;)

So is Paul off collecting the Goldwing?

GIXER_PAUL
26-03-07, 02:45 PM
NOPE!!!!! thank the lord

kwik
26-03-07, 02:55 PM
I executed a wonderful u-turn yesterday, the first since my test 4yrs ago, and promptly stalled it as I went to pull away. Stalled with a bang and threw me off :-[ Luckily, riding with 10 others, 4 of whom came to my rescue ;D

Scott_W
26-03-07, 04:11 PM
Oh no....! Any damage to the bike? I've come close to doing that myself in the past!

kwik
27-03-07, 08:40 AM
No mate, just an added scratch to the crank case where I dropped it on a camber in Cheddar a couple of months ago :-[ ::) :D Went down with quite a bang too, was well pleased nothing else suffered! The two ducatis with me cringed at the thought of being their bikes though ;D

Only last week I said I got to practice u-turns ...