PDA

View Full Version : stone the crows

Loopy
06-04-07, 05:40 PM
or something similar >:(

I live in a flat in a big old house and I'm lucky enough to have two big open fire places 8-)

but..............

the landlords insurance has removed these from their 'cover' list and have stated that there is no insurance from fire if started from fire places above ground level :(

in the lounge I have put my fish tank in, looks great :)

in the bedroom I have put candles in and they almost look like a real fire when lit :D

but my problem is the crows. the big fat hairy noisy ones that cackle way on the chimneys trying to build nests and make hell of a racket, often waking me up in the morning >:(

cant see the point of paying a chimney sweep to sweep em away cos they'll only come back again ::)

cant block off the top of the chimney cos

1 : they aint mine
2 : I cant reach
3 : dont do heights

pretty lame excuses but I dont want to spend a great deal of money sorting this out as I only rent. The landlord isnt bothered about the crows as they dont affect him :-/

so wots a girl to do ?? smoke bomb ;D

FJ_Biker
06-04-07, 08:56 PM
I suspect they are rooks not crows, the only things you can do is get the chimney capped or shoot the rodents.

Even after the chimney’s been caped they will keep on attacking the item you cap the chimney with for the rest of their lives. I had several fall down chimneys over the years, the soot damage has trashed the rooms. Had one die in the chimney once and had to have the fireplace removed to get the maggot-infested caucus out. Nice >:( >:( >:(

Loopy
08-04-07, 06:02 PM
:-/ doesnt sound too nice :-/

wonder if they have smoke bombs on ebay ;D

FJ_Biker
08-04-07, 08:58 PM
Smoke bombs are no use, I used to light coal fires every night, they never left

SkyJawa
10-04-07, 11:26 AM
Even if you block them off they'll still sit on the top and you'll hear them!

Genisis
10-04-07, 04:58 PM
Get a very large Cat and install a Cat sized ladder :)

Loopy
10-04-07, 06:34 PM
;D

looks like I'll be pinching a crow scarer from the farmers field and shoving that up there :o

Amante_271
12-04-07, 08:39 AM
;D

looks like I'll be pinching a crow scarer from the farmers field and shoving that up there :o

Nah! Just pinch the farmer! Alot more effective! ;D