PDA

View Full Version : Phobias!

Ladyridercymru
08-05-07, 06:58 PM
Ok Ill admit it. I have an odd one.. and I usually let everyone know so if I start gagging at ladies with crop tops on you will know why.

Navels... hate them! Have done for about 30 years...
cant look at them, touch one or say the name of button belly (reversed) without palms sweating and feeling nauseas.
I call them bubbas... and have done for about 25 years, when I spent time in the USA and saw my very first Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant (yes they do exist!). The name made me laugh and think of creepy crawlie things we eat instead of navels... and the image of Bubba Gump has always stuck...

So do you have a phobia?
If so how do you deal with it?

bubbafred
08-05-07, 09:49 PM
well for me it has to be snakes seen to many in the jungle,
followed very closley by liars and cheats same sort of thing

Nokesy
08-05-07, 09:54 PM
It's not really a phobia, but I cannot stand people eating noisily (especially crisps and apples) or using cutlery on teeth or getting knife stuck in fork! Eeeegghhh.. I am convinced some people lack soundproofing in their mouths but I have been assured it's just me being weird and that I am not perfect either!!!! (Well, that's news to me!!!)

Ladyridercymru
08-05-07, 10:02 PM
Nokesay I know what you mean.. a bit like nails down a chalk board (remember them? )

Nokesy
08-05-07, 10:05 PM
Worse! And there is no excuse for eating noisily!!!

Amante_271
09-05-07, 10:25 AM
Im an extreme clastrophobic! (Medical term not mine) To the extent that Ive had hypnotherapy and Ive even been an out patient at a now defunked mental hospital (roundway in Devizes) which would probably explain alot about me!

I get very bad panic attacks if Im in a situation where I cant "get out" of an exit or its blocked for some reason. I wont bore you with all the situations, symptoms or details (unless you ask as Im not afraid to tell) but lets say at times it can controll my life as far as what and where I can go and do.