PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with Excel please.

Ladyridercymru
10-05-07, 07:17 PM
I am trying to do a quiz where you have to guess something from a picture and put your answer in a box.
If you are right or wrong the box underneath will tell you if you are correct or not.

Can anyone help me with the formulae I need to be able to add the answer, connect to the right/wrong box but without anyone seeing the answers please?

To give you some idea, here is a link to one similar game.

http://uk.download.yahoo.com/ne/fu/attachments/simpguestl1.xls

I would appreciate any help you can give, as I really dont know excel very well at all.

Mandy
x

50cc_newbie
10-05-07, 07:56 PM
You need an 'if' statement which displays different answers depending on what you set the condiions to be.

If you wanted an answer of 'Buzz Aldrin' in B2 then you would need to input =IF(B2="Buzz Aldrin";"correct";"wrong") The bit in black is where the rule goes (just replace the cell and the answer), the red is the answer if the cell is filled with 'Buzz Aldrin' and the other colour which i cannot remember is the part where you put the answer if they have got it wrong.

You might need commas instead of the semi-colons, im not sure as i'm using open-office not microsoft excel

Hope this helps and i hope its right.