PDA

View Full Version : The best cyber sport going?

Hunar
02-05-08, 12:14 AM
I am sure that most if not all of you have heard of the nigerian scammers, usually refered to as 419 scammers after the police code that relates to their crime. Basically there are a few different types of scam going, probably the best known is the one that goes 'I am <insert random made up name here> the son/daughter of former nigerian president <insert another name here>, who was killed in a recent uprising. We need to get the family fortune out of the country and are looking for help, if you are willing to help us we will split the <insert random 2 or 3 digit number here> million pouns with you' and so on. There is now a sport that preys on the scammers, its called (suprisinly enough) scambaiting, and basically you set up a false identity and lure a scammer into contacting you, then you string them along and waste their time and resources. There have been some really good scambaits, including getting the cammer to perform the 'dead parrot sketch' from monty python and post the video, getting a scammer to perform stunts, such as jumping off a building, falling off a step ladder and failling off a moving bike after saying that he is 'the unknown stuntman, that made eastwood look so fine' to having a scammer drive from london to glasgow (a 6 hour trip) with the belief he is collecting 18k in cash, only to be left waiting and video'd sitting outside the local pub, then to be told that the money isn;t coming and they know he is a 419 scammer. You can see all the vids and other ways they have scammed the scammers on

www.419eater.com

I laughed my ass off, its my kind of sport!

Amante_271
02-05-08, 12:16 AM
THANKYOU!!! I forgot the address :-[

Iggy .... this should be RIGHT up our street!! [smiley=evil.gif]

wingrider
02-05-08, 08:19 PM
You mean I'm NOT going to get a share of this guy's £3 million :'( :'( :'(

Hunar
03-05-08, 12:05 AM
well not HIS 3 million, but little did you know that I am actually the son of former nigerian overlord ungu mugu, and I have over 300 million USD stashed ready to be transfered into another country 8-)

Amante_271
03-05-08, 10:00 PM
I will swap it for the contents of your left shoe! Meet you at www.419.eater.com !! LOL!! ;D ;) ;D