PDA

View Full Version : Intercom systems

Iceman
24-06-08, 04:41 PM
Anyone using an intercom system on here? Not the rider to passenger system but to another rider? I thought it would be great on rideouts if several bikers can communicate. Any thoughts or ideas welcome.

Kevinb
24-06-08, 05:07 PM
Can I be rubber duck if we are going to have a convoy.

You'll be able to hear *&^%$^$$^%$ as they slide off at roundabouts because of the diesel.

Iceman
24-06-08, 05:16 PM
[quote author=Kevinb link=1214322061/0#1 date=1214323627]Can I be rubber duck if we are going to have a convoy.

Haha,you must be an Ex CB buddy then! Days gone by when CB was all the rage before the "World Wide Web" popped up.

Sue600
24-06-08, 06:00 PM
LOL, used to have CB radio years ago... on FM before they tried to encourage everyone to use AM.

I'd like to know which bike to bike radios work well too, not really heard any brilliant comments about any of them so far. (unless you pay extortionate prices)

RE03
24-06-08, 06:06 PM
A80's from Intaride ain't bad.........

http://www.intaride.com/index.html

Tried n tested n relatively cheap
;)

Iceman
24-06-08, 06:25 PM
"RE03",thanks for that info mate.Will check it out.

Iceman
24-06-08, 06:30 PM
"Ten Four Good budy"! A few ex Cbers here then,eh! :D Must admit,we had a lot of new friends made on the airwaves.Only problem was,bleary eyes after all night chats which never seemed to end! I used to study the "Good CB Budy" book to get all the latest lingo and sound authentic on the air! ;D Even had our own mini convoys with big 7 foot antenas stuck on the car rooftops! lol

KP
24-06-08, 07:49 PM
yep an ex cb`er here too lol , thought they were brilliant fun, and might be good fun on a ride out too :)

Iceman
24-06-08, 07:55 PM
Ok,the votes in.Bring back CB radio! :) Apart from the "bucket mouths" and "Mike key'ers",I'm not sure how it sort of fizzled out and everyone stopped selling them! :-? Anyway, I'm going to invest in a 2 way system so on rideouts I can at least shout " Help,I can't keep up with you! :-/"

Sue600
25-06-08, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the link RE03... added to my shopping list, just what I've been looking for. :D

Bonnielass
25-06-08, 08:31 PM
Never got in to CB but I always thought what a friendly lot, asking everyone back for a coffee until I found out they were asking for a copy! ::)

Sue600
25-06-08, 10:48 PM
rofl ;) ;D ;D

Hunar
25-06-08, 11:58 PM
Anyone using an intercom system on here? Not the rider to passenger system but to another rider? I thought it would be great on rideouts if several bikers can communicate. Any thoughts or ideas welcome.

Mine tends to be at full volume, and goes something like....

'WHAT?'
'SHUT UP WOMAN I AM TRYING TO CONCENTRATE ON THE ROAD!'

oh you meant bike to bike, and not rider to pillion, sorry my bad!

Iceman
26-06-08, 03:47 PM
Haha,you crack me up Hunar! ;D

Sue600
27-06-08, 07:26 AM
Got to test out Graeme's bike to bike headset last night. Very impressed!! Absolutely perfect at slower speeds, and much better than the training school ones I used on my DAS which were a little crackly. Have a bit of a noisy helmet so although the sound was still really clear at higher speeds, the volume could have done with being higher. Think it may not have helped with my earpiece being set into a little cubby-hole in my helmet instead of being flush against my ear (as it would be in my other helmet).

Ideal though. Would really consider this one (wish I could remember what it was... help me out Graeme) Was handy, the scala module off his headset fitted straight onto my scala headset I have for my satnav. Would be a godsend when going through unfamiliar towns and save the 3 stooges look at traffic lights.. pointing and waving wondering which way to go!!!

Snowy
27-06-08, 09:00 AM
It's the Scala Rider Q2 Sue - supposed to have a 500 metre range which we didn't really test last night. I have a Schuberth S1 lid which is very quiet and suits the intercom so I'm OK up to about 70 or 80mph. My son's lid is also a Schuberth (although the more sportier version) which is also reasonably quiet so I can natter with him when he's pillion. Works the same with SatNav, Phone, MP3 but also has inbuilt FM radio if you're into that kind of thing.

I bought mine from the US on the internet since the dollar/pound exchange rate is so good it's worth the wait. You still have to pay VAT but for the two I bought I still saved 60 quid.

Sue600
27-06-08, 09:51 AM
Thanks Graeme, think I might be upgrading mine ;D

Flexyjerkov
11-07-08, 03:25 PM
Myself i have an autocom kit under the seat which has:
Phone link, MP3 Player link, Intercom radio for bike to bike.
x 2 Headset sockets with microphones.

Ideal for a ride out ;) as mp3 player volume goes quiet when on phone or talking via bike to bike or rider to pillion.

Not that I've had to use bike to bike yet or rider to pillion. I just enjoy the music...