PDA

View Full Version : Bike Salvage

Iceman
30-07-08, 06:36 PM
Is there a motorcycle salvage/breaker in Wiltshire that anyone knows of? Ive tried a few sites on the net but found them deleted. My son is looking for a 2nd hand battery and horn for his Kawasaki ER5.

FJ_Biker
30-07-08, 06:53 PM
Dave I don’t think buying a battery second hand is a particularly good idea. I would use bike treads for the Battery as you live in Swindon (I dare say they will supply you with a horn as well (no pun intended ;D)).

Taff

Iceman
30-07-08, 09:04 PM
Its not me buying.Its my son and he's skint but wants to ride to Sallys this week so needs a battery and horn cheapish ASAP.

Davey
30-07-08, 09:54 PM
I may have an old horn in the workshop I'll check - not off a kwak so something decent will be on it lol

Dunno if it works (if I can find one) but nothing lost if it don't bar a minute fitting it

As for battery buy a new one there not too much about £30-35
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kawasaki-ER5-96-04-Battery-CTX12-BS-MF_W0QQitemZ150268981710QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item15 0268981710&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318
or
http://www.bitzforbikes.co.uk/myproducts.php?BikeID=181&year=6656&ProdTypeID=25

6T
30-07-08, 10:08 PM
iceman i have a second hand battery your son can have it was new when i fitted to my thunderbird two years ago,i replaced it because i was having charging problems wich turned out to be alternator related so battery is probably ok its worth a go for nothing it is 12v.i can bring it thur night if you like. regards steve

FJ_Biker
30-07-08, 10:25 PM
Davey wrote

I may have an old horn in the workshop I'll check - not off a kwak so something decent will be on it lol
Thunderbird wrote

iceman i have a second hand battery your son can have it was new when i fitted to my thunderbird two years ago,i replaced it because i was having charging problems wich turned out to be alternator related so battery is probably ok its worth a go for nothing it is 12v.i can bring it thur night if you like. regards steve
Wow the power of forums. Good things do happen

Iceman
31-07-08, 09:28 AM
Thunderbird and Davey. Excellent news! I will be at Sallys tonight with a back pack! My Son says Thanks! ;)

Davey
31-07-08, 11:11 AM
Thunderbird and Davey. Excellent news! I will be at Sallys tonight with a back pack! My Son says Thanks! ;)

I do have an old horn - should work but I'm not at the Sally tonight

What time do you finish work? As I can go via chinese experiance on my way home or pop it over at the weekend as I'm sure I'll be out and about

Iceman
31-07-08, 11:41 AM
Davey,Ill sit outside the Chinese Experience entrance then.What time you passing mate? Im easy for anytime so its your call

6T
31-07-08, 05:43 PM
hi ice man will bring battery down to the sally then, its been on charge all day . see you later steve

Iceman
31-07-08, 10:04 PM
Thanks again Steve for bringing the battery down to Sallys.