PDA

View Full Version : Haynes motor museum, Sparkford

Kevinb
25-09-08, 08:35 AM
Has anyone been to the museum?
I was just wondering what it was like as we will probably pop down there Saturday or Sunday

Cheers

Kev

Dabz
25-09-08, 08:38 AM
Not for a few years, it's good though - worth a trip!

igbell
25-09-08, 09:27 AM
Yes a good while ago I went, mate had a day out ticket with the MOD and invited me along.
They got the old cars out and they took us for a spin in them around a short circut.
First time I had seen what a Jag D-Type can do (well hot in the cotpit, all Ally body so heats up too much, the drive had to keep stopping to cool down as the car got so hot).

Go it would be cool.

Amante_271
25-09-08, 02:42 PM
This is a regular haunt for Jeremy, my son and myself.

TIP! Gift aid your admission fee and you get FREE return admission for as many times as you like in a 12 month period

There are afew nice bikes there but its mainly cars, but DONT let that put you off... LOL! Even the Mrs likes it there and she isnt a car/bike nut (tho she is in love with the Delorean!!)

All ways a good value day out... cant recommend it highly enough!!

[smiley=laugh.gif]+ 8-) = Great day out!!

Kevinb
25-09-08, 04:52 PM
We always try and gift aid.
I'm suprised they haven't kept your car and put it in the display.

SupeRDel
25-09-08, 08:02 PM
Us members of the Aircooled RD club have had a couple of club meets there.

Ask them for Aircooled RD club discount and it should get you in with a 10% discount

Kevinb
26-09-08, 08:48 AM
SupeRDel

Cheers. Don't you need to show a membership card?

Kev

Kevinb
30-09-08, 09:06 AM
We went Saturday. Very good.
It was a bit foggy up until midday and the first time this year my visor misted up on the inside (I must use that anti fog stuff I bought)
They have a nice collection of bikes there and it's good to see some of the more quirky exhibits saved.
I will definately go again.