PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3.0

HC8
29-09-08, 06:05 PM
i know this is slightly geeky question but want to rule out my broadband being slow and avoid having a moan at good ole BT again but is anyone else having problems browsing with firefox since it 'upgraded' to V3.0 its been driving me soo nuts that i've gone back to using apples browser safari :(

ollie
29-09-08, 08:17 PM
i've not got fire fox but my internet is as slow as slug at te mo :(!!! ive heard the best thing to do is uninstall firefox then install it again then your comp should be a bit if not alot faster.

thats what ive heard so dont know if it is true and it should work with any other anti virus stuff.

R1chie
29-09-08, 09:11 PM
Been running FF3 every since its launch.

Had no bother with it at all. Only speed issues stem from the ISP.

I did notice it has been updated twice in the past 4-5 days. now on v3.0.3

igbell
29-09-08, 09:33 PM
Try http://www.speedtest.net/ and see what speed you are getting from the isp and then you will be able to see if it is FF or not.

Rich86
03-01-09, 05:45 PM
try clearing out all the temporary files and cookies related with your browser, that can clog up your system a bit.

igbell
03-01-09, 10:13 PM
When IE had the leak the other week I went over to Firefox 3 and have been using it without a issue.

FJ_Biker
04-01-09, 08:43 PM
This browser is a lot more secure than Internet explorer, plus you do not get the problems with Trojans and malware.

Plus you can get loads of free plug-ins and ad-ons to enhance your browsing

I don’t use IE anymore

igbell
05-01-09, 01:25 PM
I still have to use both, as at work we have some systems that only work through IE as we are mainly Microsoft based and they only alow there software to work with IE and not interface with any other.

FJ_Biker
05-01-09, 04:52 PM
I should rephrase my last comment, I don’t use IE anymore at home. I have to use IE at work as that’s the corporate standard