PDA

View Full Version : My good deed for today.

Trevena
14-02-09, 01:30 PM
Postie rang the doorbell and tried to deliver some flowers and chocolates. The address and post code were ours but the recipient should have been someone else.

Thinking quickly, I deduced that if I declined the delivery someone's Valentine Day surprise was not going to happen. If I accepted the delivery there was a more than fair chance that the gift would get through one way or another, so I accepted delivery.

I phoned the company that sent the flowers but the woman couldn't give me details of the person who ordered the gift because of the data protection act. She put me on hold while she spoke to her supervisor. When she came back she reported that she didn't know what could be done other than get postie to collect the parcel. I explained that this would mean that the flowers would go back to the sorting office and someone's romantic weekend would be ruined.

I told her that the order number and account number was on the address label and she should be able to tell who the sender was and his address, assuming it was a he. She agreed that she could do that but it wouldn't help. I explained that it would help if I gave her my telephone number so that she could pass it on the the guy who ordered the flowers and he could contact me to arrange collection. Sound of pre decimal coin falling.

Ten minutes later a very grateful chap turns up and thanks me profusely for saving his bacon and presumably other bits.

Customer services --- you gotta love 'em.

ONFIRE
14-02-09, 06:40 PM
Well Done... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Think I would of ate the Choc's and gave the Flowers to my Wife ;D ;D ;D ;D

6T
14-02-09, 07:27 PM
well done for your honesty [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Trevena
14-02-09, 08:21 PM
Thanks all, the guy told me I'd saved him from getting a good kicking. :-?

benobiker
14-02-09, 10:17 PM
hats off fella!

crewy
15-02-09, 01:13 AM
Well done, fair play to you, i would ave taken them up to my nan!!! ha ha

schwee
15-02-09, 01:31 PM
Well done Bob, what a nice man you are :)

Cat_Macd
15-02-09, 02:15 PM
Bob - you made someones valentines day! nicely done :)

Trevena
15-02-09, 03:00 PM
awe gee thanks folks.

Kevinb
16-02-09, 09:37 AM
A very gentlemanly thing too do.

igbell
17-02-09, 10:59 AM
I would of followed Onfires idea, and hey there we saving my bacon....

Wajjiecat
17-02-09, 06:34 PM
I'm a great believer of:-

'What goes around, comes around.'

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Trevena
18-02-09, 12:30 AM
I'm happy if I can help. It's a lot less hassle than being nasty.

FJ_Biker
18-02-09, 12:53 PM
good on you Bob