PDA

View Full Version : looking for groups to play at the sally

darrenatthesally
02-03-09, 10:49 AM
ok all wb the sally are looking for some bands or single artist to come to the sally on bike nights and play so if you know of any pleases lets us know [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
02-03-09, 11:02 AM
sounds like a great idea!

mikesouthby
02-03-09, 12:39 PM
I would offer but frankly, I can't sing! lol

Good luck though, sounds like a great idea. Would add an extra bit of interest to hopefully pull in some more bikes..!

igbell
02-03-09, 12:41 PM
I will have a word with my Cus and see if his band are up for it....

davej
02-03-09, 01:52 PM
Chris moffat who used to run 2 wheel services in bath has a band
pm me for his phone number

or for a single act i know a pole dancer [smiley=cheesy.gif] [smiley=cheesy.gif]

igbell
02-03-09, 02:31 PM
Do you now Dave.....
and what sort of places do you hang out????
can I come???

darrenatthesally
02-03-09, 05:51 PM
well a pole dancer i am sure would get more bikers down the sally on bike nights

davej
02-03-09, 07:41 PM
sent you chris's telephone number
and the pole dancer i actually know 3 one of which has done a topless photo shoot for 100 percent biker magazine ( yes i did do the shoot )
but she looks better moving than standing still

and if you remember i did offer some of my models for a event.

BB
02-03-09, 08:25 PM
well a pole dancer i am sure would get more bikers down the sally on bike nights

I'm broad minded but it wouldn't encourage me to come along - unless it was a male pole dancer of course... ;)

BB

davej
02-03-09, 08:35 PM
i was only joking about the dancer though i do actualy know 3 and even though they dance they are really nice people.
with every job its a means to a end if thats what they do then who am i to pass comment im far from perfect.

but back to the real thread chris will do you a good night ive heard him play so well worth a visit

Ryan
02-03-09, 10:06 PM
Hmmm sounds like a good idea, i do mobile dj'ing but not really anything to do with bands or singers 8-)

Nelly
03-03-09, 01:16 PM
I know a few guys. I'll drop them a line.

Iceman
03-03-09, 09:13 PM
well I can play guitar,so If any other bikers have talent we can have a make shift band? [smiley=happy.gif]

Davey
03-03-09, 10:30 PM
I know loads of bands and would be up for it I will try tospeak to them see if they are free on thursdays (that is the meet night right? ;))

Scotty
03-03-09, 11:07 PM
Where would the band set up, down by the pool table? I can see both sides of this proposal - yeah, maybe attract more punters, but it might be worth holding fire until it's warmer and lighter so that those who want to hold a convo can do it outside without getting cold and wet. I find bands ok if you particularly want to see them, but other than that they can be a bit of a distraction and a hindrance to a social evening in the pub because you can't hear yourself think.
Just my two penn'orth... :)

BB
03-03-09, 11:25 PM
i was only joking about the dancer though i do actualy know 3 and even though they dance they are really nice people.
with every job its a means to a end if thats what they do then who am i to pass comment im far from perfect.

Hey - I never said they wouldn't be nice people! :o Each to their own - I just wouldn't be interested in watching them myself!

BB

crewy
04-03-09, 02:02 AM
Good idea Darren, would be an even better night out with a band

davej
04-03-09, 07:20 AM
why not just try it after all if it works great but if you dont try it it will always be in the back of your mind maybe i should of
and i agree ive been to the 2 pigs a few times in corsham and sometimes the bands are great sometimes awfull

thats a point why dont you ask dicki and anne from the pigs they know loads of bands might be worth a phone call after all you 2 far away to be competition

darrenatthesally
09-03-09, 06:27 PM
ok thanks for the help will try and chase some up planning more for the summer at the mo with them playing in the front gardens out with all the bike any new ideas just pass along many thank darren