PDA

View Full Version : license's

steveo
19-03-09, 10:53 PM
do you need to have a provisional bike entitlement on your license to be able to do ur cbr and bike test if you have a full car license?
When license was sent of provisionally it was for both bike and car but full license doesnt seem to have anything on it about bike.

Iceman
19-03-09, 10:55 PM
You should have entitlement on the 2nd part ( green paper). If not you will have to send in your car Driving licence requesting provisional motorcycle entitlement.
This is free!

kez_kitten
19-03-09, 11:07 PM
what category is the provisional entitlement on the green bit?

kez_kitten
19-03-09, 11:14 PM
no worries all sorted thanks for help :D

Ducatista
20-03-09, 11:43 AM
If anyone sends off their licence for renewal (the photo ones expire) then I would recommend taking a copy of the entitlements.

Some have apparently been coming back without the bike entitlement and then you have no proof.

igbell
20-03-09, 12:40 PM
Yes this is true it happend to me when I moved house, I now have to send off as well as I have had the photo one now 10 years

Ryan
20-03-09, 12:44 PM
when i done my bike test and they sent the licence off they told me to have a good look at it when i get it back check the car entitlement and that is still on there :-/

Ducatista
20-03-09, 12:54 PM
There are no reports of car entitlements being lost only bke, so I don't know if it's in a different database or something.

kez_kitten
20-03-09, 04:36 PM
i checked mine and im pretty sure it has the provisional bike entitlement on my full car license

ONFIRE
20-03-09, 04:48 PM
When I passed my Bike test (2001) I was advised to take a photo copy of not only my license but also my test certificate which I did.

Can't quite remember the ins and outs I think about few years ago there were quite a few Bikers who had to retake their test because they had no additional proof that they had past their test after sending their licenses back to DVLA for renewal. :-/

jj
20-03-09, 05:06 PM
this happened a few years ago to a friend of mine he lost his motorcycle entitlement even though he had a photocopy they will only accept this if signed by solicitor when copy taken...