PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks...they don't care

kes2463
24-03-09, 12:21 PM
Sorry Folks, I can only pass this on. Words fail me. Recently, Royal Marines in Iraq/Afganistan, wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines “thank you” for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the conflicts, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open.

I know these conflicts might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-to-house.

IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE !

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM! ! !

They used to have stores on several US military bases but were closed down & kicked off because of this stance showing so little regard or support.

There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK, and there's no doubt that our soldiers would get the same response from this company in them, so lets show them how despicable their actions are. I never liked their coffee either

ONFIRE
24-03-09, 01:11 PM
IMHO I would not touch Starbuck's huh!

They're not exactly given themselves good PR with that attitude!

http://starbucks.co.uk/en-GB/_Social+Responsibility/ :P

schwee
24-03-09, 01:30 PM
I love their strawberries and cream frappucino
;D

ONFIRE
24-03-09, 01:31 PM
Only get Fat :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D
Shouldn't it be Doughnuts :D

Iceman
24-03-09, 01:48 PM
+1 then! :-/

igbell
24-03-09, 02:34 PM
never liked starbucks anyway as there coffee tastes like poo.....

steveo
25-03-09, 10:29 AM
i agree with igbell,

starbucks poo poo poo

>:( >:( >:(

kez_kitten
25-03-09, 10:46 AM
dnt like starbucks, dnt like coffee >:(

Carbonkid
25-03-09, 11:34 AM
I've heared this before and used to like Starbucks. But as they don't support my colleagues fighting world terrorism etc... I won't be supporting there profits... >:(

Trist
25-03-09, 06:35 PM
Star schmucks by the sound of it :(

Davey
25-03-09, 08:52 PM
On another note at least they replied and explained their reasons and that they support no side to any conflict etc. Most places don't even write back!

I also say this as an Ex service man who also still has friends serving and also has fallen friends.

Just because a company tells you thier views your going to avoid them - but those who didn't write back or possibly sent some goodies may be supporting the other side but decide not to say.

Yes it's my day off tomorrow and I will probably get one - at least I know their moneys not going to support terrorism!

ONFIRE
25-03-09, 09:23 PM
On another note at least they replied and explained their reasons and that they support no side to any conflict etc. Most places don't even write back!

Unlike GW's :D ;D ;D ;D

Davey
25-03-09, 09:36 PM

Unlike GW's :D ;D ;D ;D

Nah they sent a pot of nescafe and a picture of a bike seat saying 'bet you wish you were here!'

Davey
26-03-09, 02:05 PM
Just to confirm I did go and by no means mean I'm any less patriotic nor do I support our troops any less [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/razorhead666/26032009012.jpg

Iceman
26-03-09, 04:24 PM
Being Ex military and having had my son serve in Iraq and Afghanistan I can see both sides. I can see how a company would act nonchalent regards such issues,however I will not get into a debate or offer a view regards politics!

Azrall
26-03-09, 04:46 PM
Seems a bit OTT of star bucks to actually send that. But you have to remember Starbucks is also an American company and that reply sounded very american. So there you go, but that also suprises me considering America thinks they're the only people in these conflicts ::)

Ducatista
26-03-09, 05:07 PM
I don't support all the conflicts, but I totally support all our troops who lay their lives on the line for the rest of us (my brother is in Afghanistan right now).

I went to the US this year and I was suprised by the way the troops over there are supported e.g. flags flying from houses/shops and banners saying "support out troops".

I think we should support our troops more over here.
The accomodation looks appauling in some cases and the way we support the injured and families of the dead is pretty bad in some cases too.

We should also value their lives more carefully before sending them into every conflict zone and getting involved in every conflict.

kes2463
26-03-09, 05:39 PM
I'm sorry if it sounds like I wanted a political debate :(, I don't, no offense is intended either to anyone but I just wanted to put this out there & let people think/respond as they felt fit as I was very suprised when told of this.

Davey
26-03-09, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry if it sounds like I wanted a political debate :(, I don't, no offense is intended either to anyone but I just wanted to put this out there & let people think/respond as they felt fit as I was very suprised when told of this.

I wasn't looking for a debate and understand where you were coming from - I decided to make light of it by going there, as when I was out serving we sent the letters and got similar responses from other companies.

As I said at least they took the time and responded most don't! Even if its not an answer they wanted - but in this current climate its best to sit on the fence as they have done and support no-one.

mikesouthby
26-03-09, 08:12 PM
..sit on the fence? rubbish! I'd support Jeremy Clarkson for PM any day..

Davey
26-03-09, 08:37 PM

I was on about large corporations not you nobber lol

but yeah JC gets my vote [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ONFIRE
26-03-09, 08:42 PM

But he H8's motorcyclist Lol :D

Davey
26-03-09, 08:48 PM

He admitted he liked them after the vietnam show and understood the crack - even if a bit bruised lol

ONFIRE
26-03-09, 08:56 PM

Okay will stick him on the Cool wall 8-)

He admitted he liked them after the vietnam show and understood the crack - even if a bit bruised lol

Okay will Stick JC on the Cool wall 8-)