PDA

View Full Version : Need a job.

Morticia
20-09-10, 07:26 PM
I'm feed up here, need to move. If anyone knows anyone or anywhere recruiting, please let me know. I will consider anything, except pole dancing and crap like that. I'd like to stay in the fitness industry, but beggars can be choosers, or something like that.

I'm more than happy to travel too, so if its Bath, Chippenham, Melksham, Bristol...anywhere but here will do. Ta!

amills
20-09-10, 07:53 PM
But what about our cheap hotel deals ????

Mitch9128
20-09-10, 07:53 PM
Like fitness? Like travel? http://www.army.mod.uk/

smellygerm
20-09-10, 08:29 PM
try gym uk bumpers farm chippenham ,ians allways looking for PTs

Morticia
21-09-10, 07:13 AM
But what about our cheap hotel deals ????

I could always work at the marriot's gym?

Morticia
21-09-10, 07:18 AM

I have too many responsibilities here to go anywhere, just finding a sitter for a holiday turns into an ordeal! Plus I'm too old to start a career in the army. And with Steve about to finish his time there, I'm not going to start mine. Thanks though, like Tesco, every little helps!

Morticia
21-09-10, 07:20 AM
try gym uk bumpers farm chippenham ,ians allways looking for PTs

Will do, ta!

wiltshire builders
21-09-10, 06:03 PM
I know a few people at the Olympiad. I can ask if they know of anything. Might not be your sub of the day, but a mate owns Subway in Chippenham and i know he's recruiting.

Toph
22-09-10, 10:52 PM
Try DC Leisure, gyms all over wiltshire, my wife's a member, she says there might be some vacancies!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BladeTriple
23-09-10, 04:54 PM

I have too many responsibilities here to go anywhere, just finding a sitter for a holiday turns into an ordeal! Plus I'm too old to start a career in the army. And with Steve about to finish his time there, I'm not going to start mine. Thanks though, like Tesco, every little helps!

Its not quite the same but you could always join the RAF as a PTI or even see if RAF Lyneham are recruiting any civvy pt instructors after all our favourite friends in blue try not to over do it on the phys side unlike us girls and boys in green/sandy kit ;)

Have a dig around some of the local garrisons for any jobs as a civvy pti too... maybe Beemerman might be able to help out with any contacts as he works for Bulford/Tidworth Garrison gym too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bubblylittleme
23-09-10, 05:07 PM
Not DC Leisure my daughter says as she works there and not good employers

Morticia
23-09-10, 06:22 PM
Thanks everybody!

BladeTriple, how do I go about the garrison thingy, please? I should stick to the RAf though, Steve doesn't like me surrounded by fit men ;D

Snowy
23-09-10, 08:24 PM
Unfortunately we are at the other end of the recruitment cycle at the moment so nothing going at present. But, Maca if anything comes up across the Councils' Leisure Centre's for gym type work I will let you know. :)

Morticia
23-09-10, 09:24 PM
Unfortunately we are at the other end of the recruitment cycle at the moment so nothing going at present. But, Maca if anything comes up across the Councils' Leisure Centre's for gym type work I will let you know. :)

THANK YOU!!!! I am applying everywhere, hopefully by the time you need me I am yet again in love with my new job. That'd be nice :)

Dex
24-09-10, 02:09 PM
after all our favourite friends in blue try not to over do it on the phys side unlike us girls and boys in green/sandy kit ;)

Yeah good point - people in the RAF never spend any time in green or sandy kit.......

Dex
24-09-10, 02:10 PM
I should stick to the RAf though, Steve doesn't like me surrounded by fit men ;D

You are no longer invited to ride the Triple. :)

Richzx10r
24-09-10, 08:05 PM
My place seem to be recruiting at the moment.Threw an agency and start on a temp contract.But money is decent and once your taken on permanently(providing you can do the job)The money gets that bit better.And i could always put a word in for ya. ;D

Morticia
27-09-10, 11:05 AM
I should stick to the RAf though, Steve doesn't like me surrounded by fit men ;D

You are no longer invited to ride the Triple. :)

Come on Andy, you know I love ya!

Morticia
27-09-10, 11:06 AM
My place seem to be recruiting at the moment.Threw an agency and start on a temp contract.But money is decent and once your taken on permanently(providing you can do the job)The money gets that bit better.And i could always put a word in for ya. ;D

Where do I apply please? Just had a lady attempting to bite my head off, can't take this crap anymore!!!

CBRowner
27-09-10, 12:28 PM

Its not quite the same but you could always join the RAF as a PTI or even see if RAF Lyneham are recruiting any civvy pt instructors after all our favourite friends in blue try not to over do it on the phys side unlike us girls and boys in green/sandy kit ;)

Have a dig around some of the local garrisons for any jobs as a civvy pti too... maybe Beemerman might be able to help out with any contacts as he works for Bulford/Tidworth Garrison gym too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The RAF are no longer recruiting and Lyneham's closing so I doubt they'd be recruiting any more civvis.

You may be able to join them in the future but they have an age limit of 29 at the time of attestation.

I personally wouldn't join the RAF because I'm getting the boot after 12 years and the forces are no longer seen as job security.

Good luck in finding something, I'll keep a look out for you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BladeTriple
27-09-10, 12:52 PM
after all our favourite friends in blue try not to over do it on the phys side unlike us girls and boys in green/sandy kit ;)

Yeah good point - people in the RAF never spend any time in green or sandy kit.......
Bite! Lol x sorry I love winding the royal flying corps up ;)

I spent 2 years at RAF Warrington fantastic gym looked like new basically cos no bugger ever used it!

Morticia like said above lyneham may no longer be recruiting but there's lots of camps and garrisons in the area beemerman might be your best point of contact tho :)

BladeTriple
27-09-10, 12:55 PM
Who would want to join the RAF as a pti tho? Physical Education Officer gets PEdO on their parking space? How dodgy?

CBRowner
27-09-10, 01:46 PM
Who would want to join the RAF at all??

The PTI's spend all their time looking at mirrors. You're right about being a PTI Officer though, they get a really sh*t job title.

As for the rest of us, there is a large number that use the gym and I have to do Phys every couple of days because I'm on a short notice deployable section that needs to remain fit at all times. There are a lot of fatties in the RAF though but you get that in every job :D

I'll either be a civvi or an Infantry Officer in 523 days time :)

BladeTriple
28-09-10, 08:20 AM
I will see you in a buff coloured beret and throwing a salute up to you if I see you in green in 18 months time then Emlyn , good luck whichever way your career turns mate. In 3 years and 358 days I will be getting turfed out too but thats my 22 year point coming around ... Not that I'm counting ;)

CBRowner
28-09-10, 12:40 PM
I will see you in a buff coloured beret and throwing a salute up to you if I see you in green in 18 months time then Emlyn , good luck whichever way your career turns mate. In 3 years and 358 days I will be getting turfed out too but thats my 22 year point coming around ... Not that I'm counting ;)

I'm looking forward to a buff beret instead of my faded blue one. Hopefully it works out for me otherwise you'll be seeing me pushing trolleys at Morissons in just over a years time :D

Morticia
28-09-10, 01:14 PM
Physical Education Officer gets PEdO on their parking space

;D ;D ;D

Morticia
28-09-10, 01:16 PM
There are a lot of fatties in the RAF though but you get that in every job :D

Agree! There is more FAT than FIT in Blandford Camp.

CBRowner
28-09-10, 01:21 PM
I work with far too many fatties that can't even pass their basic fitness test and we're not talking about middle aged people, there's young 19/20 year olds that struggle. I had loads drop out when I did mine at the start of the year and I passed with a broken leg which I didn't even know I had until 3 months later.

My section seems to be the only one at Lyneham that does phys every couple of days. We do circuits and fully laiden boot runs and our pass rate's higher than the rest of camp. You've only got to go into admin to see the coffee drinking, biscuit eating fatties in there to realise that obesity's hitting the armed forces at an alarming rate and this is affecting deployments because I've never seen a fatty on Det, just slim beautiful people like myself 8-)

Dex
28-09-10, 09:01 PM
Bite! Lol x sorry I love winding the royal flying corps up ;)

I spent 2 years at RAF Warrington fantastic gym looked like new basically cos no bugger ever used it!

I guess you maybe mean Waddington?

I love the shiny "good as new" education centres they have at Army Barracks - like you say, some places on camps don't get much use.

bobf279
29-09-10, 08:53 PM
well during my 24 years in the Army I made good use of both the Waddington Gym and the Army Education Centres. All I can say is the youth of today obviously don't know whats good for them ;D

Morticia
12-10-10, 05:14 PM

Steve gets out before you then, and you bet I'm counting, cos when he finishes with the army, we finish with the ****ty weather and emigrate! ;D

CBRowner
12-10-10, 05:23 PM
I'm doing the same as soon as I'm done with the RAF.

I've been told that I could be out by 26th September next year and I still don't know what I'm going to do.

I help out at the local Cadets and the CO is looking to fast track me to my commission so that I can go to the Army with something they're after instead of my Logistics knowledge.

I have been offered a Clerks job with the Army but I said that I'd prefer to be in the firing line from rounds not angry people complaining about admin mis-haps.

I'm hoping I can still go to Afghan though in Feb so that I can get yet another clasp for my herrick medal and because they've increased the Op allowance ;D

Morticia
12-10-10, 05:43 PM
I help out at the local Cadets.

I try to volunteer for them last year, the fools don't take foreigners, but the army does...WTF?

Morticia
12-10-10, 05:45 PM
I'm hoping I can still go to Afghan though in Feb

Say hello to Steve for me while you're there.

spacca
14-10-10, 04:44 PM
check here on the off chance.

https://www.civilianjobs.mod.uk/JobSearch.aspx [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
14-10-10, 05:10 PM

I think he's back by the time I head out there but if I do see him, I will say hello [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Lexx0r
14-10-10, 05:13 PM
Were always hiring at RBS. Working for the insurance sector.

Wage is good, and job is easy. Hours are short and discount is impressive. Can get a bit linear doing call centre work continually - but its nothing too boring, and we do try and make it fun.

Targets are low, and bonus is uncapped. Easy to make money. Free parking and well, its a buzz.

Insurance discount is handy andy too!

HensonA
14-10-10, 06:47 PM

Wage is good, and job is easy. Hours are short and discount is impressive. Can get a bit linear doing call centre work continually - but its nothing too boring, and we do try and make it fun.

Targets are low, and bonus is uncapped. Easy to make money. Free parking and well, its a buzz.

Hi Lexx0R
Is this the RBS Insurance offices in Bristol ???
..Ade

Morticia
15-10-10, 09:55 AM

I think he's back by the time I head out there but if I do see him, I will say hello [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nope, he's there all February and some of March too.

Morticia
15-10-10, 09:57 AM

Where do I apply please?

Morticia
15-10-10, 09:57 AM
check here on the off chance.

https://www.civilianjobs.mod.uk/JobSearch.aspx [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hey thanks! Your bike is lush by the way.

CBRowner
15-10-10, 08:44 PM

Nope, he's there all February and some of March too.

I may bump into him then but I doubt it with the amount of British Troops that are out there. if I do, I'll say hello [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Lexx0r
15-10-10, 09:36 PM

Hi Lexx0R
Is this the RBS Insurance offices in Bristol ???
..Ade

Yes Ade, Why? :)

http://www.rbs.jobs/fe/tpl_RBSVol.asp?s=hqSpVAxKiZLqNnZif&jobid=55602,459 8483234&key=24219886&c=782398568298&pagestamp=seyc cjldqxgrgipkgj
Apply link!

wiltshire builders
16-10-10, 09:41 AM
Just been to the Olympiad in Chippenham and there was a sign on reception for a job doing general sports centre duties. Any good?

Morticia
18-10-10, 12:01 PM
Just been to the Olympiad in Chippenham and there was a sign on reception for a job doing general sports centre duties. Any good?

YES PLEASE! Will google and give them a call, cheers!

Morticia
19-10-10, 09:40 AM
I'm UNEMPLOYABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Ducatista
19-10-10, 01:53 PM
Have you considered going self-employed and doing a variety of fitness classes & personal training?

You could even start something like a Rosemary Conley franchise if there isn't one already running in your area.
I think it's hard work but if you can get the numbers up (like classes of 40 people plus paying £5 per time) then I think it can pay off.

At least then you have the choice of hours you work and what work you do.