PDA

View Full Version : Charity Fund Raising

Jacde
12-10-10, 10:32 PM
Hi Folks

Some of you may be aware that I have volunteered to cycle 400km in 5 days in Kenya next year.
It's for 3 cancer charities, Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Trust (cervical cancer) and Ovarian Cancer Action. (My mother died from breast cancer when I was 19, she was only 48 years old)

Both Smellygerm and Basil have very kindly given me the opportunity to approach you all on Wednesday at the H&C and Friday at the Polebarn to sell raffle tickets and invitations to a Ladies Pamper Night that I'm co hosting on Friday 22 October.

I'm selling raffle tickets at £1 a strip (and no I won't for that amout before you even ask ;D ) prizes include hair cuts from Toni & Guy and The Works in Swindon, a Golf and Swim day at Blunsdon House Hotel, Pizza Hut voucher, Hugo Boss and Lacoste Sports Holdalls, Sarah Jessica Parker clutch bag and products from Bodyshop, Wittards, Virgin Vie to name but a few.

I'm also selling invitations to the night itself, they are £15 and will include a choice of 2 beauty treatments, ranging from waxing to massage, you choose what you'd like. There will be a chance to do some early christmas shoping with Bodyshop products, Bespoke Jewellery and Handmade cards and hopefully Jamie Oliver 'at home' products too. a bar will be available, we'll provide some 'nibbles' and there is plenty of free parking. If you but an invitation you will be entered in a prize draw where you could win one of 3 luxury goodie bags.

So Ladies and (Gents who have Ladies!) if you are interested either pm me or I'll catch you on either Wednesday or Friday or both!

smellygerm
12-10-10, 10:36 PM
prizes sound great, youd have to be stupid not to get even just a strip :D :D :D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hazel-nut
12-10-10, 10:49 PM
im up for buying a few raffle tickets but cant make it to your evening coz im going to liverpool/chester that weekend!it sounds really good so im gutted im gonna be mising out :(

Caz
12-10-10, 11:01 PM
Be glad to support this charity as a survivor of cervical/ovarian cancer myself 10 years clear now [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
13-10-10, 06:52 AM
put me down for some tickets hun.....cant come to the evening thing but will support in some way xxx well done you for all you're doing for the cause xx ;D ;D ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hunar
13-10-10, 12:33 PM
so if you won't strip for a £1, the question has to be, how much? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Will be at the PB on Friday, I'll have a strip ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

virginie_morisot
13-10-10, 02:39 PM
sounds good, al going well will be there!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
13-10-10, 10:49 PM
Thank you Smelly for letting me sell tickets tonight [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Thanks to all that bought raffle tickets, I'll be at the Polebarn on Friday too so folk can buy raffle tickets and tickets for the pamper night itself.
Caz, fab news, and helps motivate me no end :) :-*
Hunar I have to raise £2800 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Toph
13-10-10, 11:11 PM
hope the fundraising goes well! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
13-10-10, 11:15 PM
no problem jacde did you manage to get your poster up ,good luck in raising the money [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
13-10-10, 11:37 PM
I did thank you :)
and thank you for your help, trust me every little bit helps [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
26-10-10, 10:29 AM
Morning Folks, update for you on the Ladies Pamper Night, held last Friday.
We raised £516.16
Some of the raffle prizes were won by WB'ers, Redken, Dabz, Charlie, Meike and Beamer. ;D
I'll bring prizes with me to the Polebarn on Friday.

Beamer
26-10-10, 10:38 AM
BRILLIANT JACKIE....well done you.....you put so much into all your charity work, you should be really proud, excellent stuff.....see you friday (Its not often I win anything so thanx for that too flower xx)

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Caz
26-10-10, 02:48 PM
Well done Jackie [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bonnielass
26-10-10, 04:09 PM
Well done you! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
26-10-10, 06:31 PM
Well done Jackie - like Tina I don't often win much so chuffed as punch.

Toph
26-10-10, 09:11 PM
Over £500! Brilliant!! well done Jackie [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
28-10-10, 05:59 PM
did i win the all over oil rub :D :D :D

BB
29-10-10, 07:59 AM
did i win the all over oil rub :D :D :D

Wishful thinking! :D

BB