PDA

View Full Version : Help buggered laptop

silly_simon
03-11-10, 09:07 PM
Is there anyone local to Westbury that could have a look at my daughters laptop ?

Basically the dvd optical drive stopped working and i rebooted it and cobbled it right up :(

It boots up and i can go on internet but it always wants to update
and the drive is not showing on the system at all, not eeven in device manager :o :o
I would be very gratefull if someone has the knowledge to take a look at it for me even if its to say its focked ;)

Toph
03-11-10, 09:27 PM
I could lend you a lumphammer Si!!!! ;D

silly_simon
03-11-10, 09:34 PM
Mate I have a sledge hammer here but i,m a little reluctant to go that route at the moment :D :D

thegasman2000
03-11-10, 09:47 PM
I can have a look at it but Live in Pewsey, and work in Swindon....

silly_simon
03-11-10, 09:52 PM
Cheers mate
I dont mind bringing it over sometime [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Shall we leave it a couple of days and see if there is anyone more local ? Then if not I'll send you a PM :)

CBRowner
03-11-10, 10:48 PM
Simon, there's a place down the road from me that'll have a look at it for you and Pheonix, under Wilkinson's are very good and very cheap as well.

Failing that, I have a mate in Westbury that works for a computer company and I'm sure he'll sort it for you as long as I say it's my girlfriends cos I think he has a thing for her >:( [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Send me a pm and let me know if you need my help or head to Dilton Marsh and you'll see a caravan on a drive, on your left under the railway bridge, he does computers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]