PDA

View Full Version : Christmas shopping

Kevinb
02-11-10, 08:58 AM
It must be that time of year again. Haloween stuff is being sold off cheap and Christmas stuff is now out.
We're off Christmas shopping Saturday before all it gets too much. No tat this year e.g. a £1.50 bottle of beer in a case with something c*ap for only £9.99 ;D

CBRowner
02-11-10, 03:24 PM
I've done all mine this year. I did it at the start of the year when I still had some money so I can now avoid the high streets and can kick back and relax whilst others rush around like idiots trying to figure out what to buy :D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
02-11-10, 07:00 PM
Always do mine on Xmas eve. All over in a oner Kev. It's a bit like going to the dentist - you know you gotta go but you keep putting it off till the last minute. Find shopping more painful tho - unless it's for a new bike. ;D

smellygerm
02-11-10, 07:26 PM
i absolutely love christmas, shopping, decorations, xmass songs even the salvation army band playing in the street, now look you've gone and got me all excited :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

redken1
02-11-10, 07:50 PM
Ye I love Christmas too just hate shopping, I suppose that's a selfish attitude

Nelly
02-11-10, 09:46 PM
barrr humbug >:( Commercial non-sense most of the time.

You know christmas is here when DFS start promising delivery by the big day!
(i'm already sick of hearing Mariah Carey warbling on)

shammy666
02-11-10, 10:50 PM
I just buy myself things, so much easier and no stress, plus they are always fantastic presents like track days hehehehe.

Yes that is a HUGE BAHHHHH HUMBUG!!!!!!! to the rest of xmas ;D ;D ;D

mcicy
03-11-10, 12:28 PM
Finished most of mine in october just need to think something up for my best mate but finding it hard to top his birthday present

Hazel-nut
03-11-10, 04:27 PM
I've done all mine this year. I did it at the start of the year when I still had some money so I can now avoid the high streets and can kick back and relax whilst others rush around like idiots trying to figure out what to buy :D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I think I might be one of those idiots again this year!i need to get something for my mums birthday in a couple of weeks first :-/
last year i managed to get everything in 1 day but i dont even have any ideas this time round!hehe

Snowy
03-11-10, 04:52 PM

I think I might be one of those idiots again this year!i need to get something for my mums birthday in a couple of weeks first :-/
last year i managed to get everything in 1 day but i dont even have any ideas this time round! I wish I knew what Beemerman wanted hehe

Easy, an MP3 player please. About 8Gb should be enough. Don't worry about a card though ;) ;D ;D

Bonnielass
03-11-10, 04:55 PM
I loved Christmas when my boys were young but now its just a big non event, nice to get the family together but all that money spent, not good! :(

Hazel-nut
03-11-10, 07:08 PM

last year i managed to get everything in 1 day but i dont even have any ideas this time round! I wish I knew what Beemerman wanted hehe

Easy, an MP3 player please. About 8Gb should be enough. Don't worry about a card though ;) ;D ;D

im afraid i may not be able to afford 1 of those if im going to buy the bike i want :P xmas is going to be cheap and cheerful this year

bubblylittleme
03-11-10, 07:23 PM
I loved Christmas when my boys were young but now its just a big non event, nice to get the family together but all that money spent, not good! :(

Christmas becomes christmas again when the grandkids come!

Nelly
03-11-10, 09:45 PM

Thanks for that Sue but not quite ready for that yet :)

Beamer
03-11-10, 09:51 PM
Connor still believes so at the moment its still so exciting....carrots out for the reindeer, mince pie and milk for santa (hes driving so no alcohol hehe)....yep I love that stuff....its all the crappy stuff like people being crabby in the shops etc i dont like....I love the magical side of xmas not the commercial stuff. Oh and hearing kids singing carols makes me cry every time !!! ....yup, there are some great times to be had at christmas time [smiley=thumbsup.gif] :) :D :D :D :D

redken1
03-11-10, 10:50 PM
Connor still believes so at the moment its still so exciting....carrots out for the reindeer, mince pie and milk for santa (hes driving so no alcohol hehe)....yep I love that stuff....its all the crappy stuff like people being crabby in the shops etc i dont like....I love the magical side of xmas not the commercial stuff. Oh and hearing kids singing carols makes me cry every time !!! ....yup, there are some great times to be had at christmas time [smiley=thumbsup.gif] :) :D :D :D :D

My sentiments exactly Tina, and I also love the fact that for many its the only time of the year that Families come together to have a good time. Now my children are older I miss not leaving Santa a note.

Beamer
04-11-10, 07:14 AM
The bit I do hate is knowing there are people out there on their own at christmas and are dreading it........wouldnt it be great to hire a hall and get everyone together, all chuck in a bit of money and make sure people arent alone...unless they want to be of course...(some people like it that way too)..... I know I appear to live in a pink and fluffy world and its not like that out there....its only not like that out there 'cos people wont stand up and make the change....i.e being loving and kind to fellow humans who are in a worse situation than ourself....and by god there is always someone out there worse off than you ........sorry, ....speech over, I shall sit back down and smile sweetly again hehe :) :) :)

Kevinb
04-11-10, 01:26 PM

Totally agree. having our grandson on Christmas day. You can't beat it. Also taking him to see Santa at Whitehall garden centre. Excellent.