PDA

View Full Version : Sally

commando1966
03-11-10, 04:51 PM
What is and where is the "sally" ? ? :-/

Robf
03-11-10, 05:00 PM
'The Sally' is the Salutation Inn, it is the main WBer's meet that is held on a thursday, The Sally is just down the road from castle combe if your heading from Chippenham, it is in a little village called the Gibb, on the right hand side just as you come down a hill

commando1966
03-11-10, 05:02 PM
lol ok thanks .. no-one told me that .. i was under the impression that the Polebarn was the main WB's meeting place .. guess im not "properly" in the club yet lol ;)

Nelly
03-11-10, 05:09 PM
Everyone is properly in the club here fella :)

Robf
03-11-10, 07:00 PM
well there are several meets, the harp and crown on a Wednesday, The sally on Thursday and The Polebarn on a Friday. These are all 'Offical meets' but the sally is the main one, but you get about the same amount of people at all of the events

Jon_W
04-11-10, 08:00 AM
Piece of advice Nick. Make sure others are going to the Sally. It is a long way from Trowbridge to then sit by yourself. I speak from expierence.

It is easy to find, just go past Castle Coombe circuit and stay on the main road. Just past the Castle Coombe village signs and on your right is the Salutation. It faces the wrong way, so you may ride past it first time.

Personally I stick to the Harp and Crown. Is closer!

commando1966
04-11-10, 08:40 AM
'The Sally' is the Salutation Inn, it is the main WBer's meet that is held on a thursday, The Sally is just down the road from castle combe if your heading from Chippenham, it is in a little village called the Gibb, on the right hand side just as you come down a hill
The only pub i know of between Chipp and Castle Combe is the Bell Inn at Colerne .. never heard of a village called Gibb lol ;D

Jon_W
04-11-10, 08:44 AM
It's past Castle Coombe. On the B4039.

BB
04-11-10, 01:40 PM
Piece of advice Nick. Make sure others are going to the Sally. It is a long way from Trowbridge to then sit by yourself. I speak from expierence.

It is easy to find, just go past Castle Coombe circuit and stay on the main road. Just past the Castle Coombe village signs and on your right is the Salutation. It faces the wrong way, so you may ride past it first time.

Personally I stick to the Harp and Crown. Is closer!

I went up last Thursday, not too many about and several of them had come over from Bristol. I talk to anyone me :D

BB

commando1966
04-11-10, 07:54 PM
Hmmm :o didnt realise Bristol was in Wiltshire lol :P

BB
04-11-10, 08:10 PM
There are quite a few non Wiltshire residents on here, we must be doing something right! 8-)

BB

redken1
04-11-10, 08:17 PM
There are quite a few non Wiltshire residents on here, we must be doing something right! 8-)

BB

Where else can you meet some great people, get a serious chat, a good chuckle and sound advice about a wide range of biking topics? Just gotta provide tea and coffee making facilities Judy. ;D

BB
04-11-10, 09:53 PM
My kettle is only a few feet away! ;D

As are an assortment of bottles - and I don't mean milk! ;) :D

BB

Moo
04-11-10, 09:55 PM
Hmmm :o didnt realise Bristol was in Wiltshire lol :P

Neither is Radstock!! but i did live up the road from the Sally for 25 yrs (my parents still do) and Wiltshire is not far away :-)