PDA

View Full Version : Charity horse race night

Jacde
05-11-10, 11:50 PM
Last one for this year I promise ;)

Folks, so far we have raised £4,000 towards our charity cycle ride and a big thank you to all the Wb'ers who have donated so far, I really am so proud to know so many lovely generous people. :)

Our next fund raising is a horse race night on Thursday 25th November at the Moonrakers Pub in Swindon (not too far from George Whites so you've an idea of location).
I know alot of you will be unable to attend especially as it's a school night, but please feel free to pass information on to people you think might be interested.
Price is £5 entry which will include a buffet, the first race is at 20:00 and as well as you 'betting' on races and hopefully going home with some winnings we'll be offering a bottle of wine and Champange as prizes too.
If you want tickets or any more information please pm me.

By the way this time next year I will be in Kenya and hopefully will be on the last leg of the 400km cycle.

Thanks for your time folks, Jackie. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
09-11-10, 03:28 PM
Ok folks a bit more information for you

We have names for horses in races 1-7, punters can 'own' a horse for £5 the winning owner will win a bottle of wine.

Race 8 - horse names will be offered to punters to ‘buy/own/name’ a horse for a £10 minimum, the winning owner will win a bottle of champagne.

To sponsor a race (ie have the race named after them or a loved one) it will cost £10 minimum and they get to own a horse of their choice.

And depending on the size of the donation offered, we can just about do anything as far as the race card is concerned, ie they can even choose 8 horse names themselves.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]