PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on here

silly_simon
14-11-10, 09:02 AM
Is it just me or is there a small amount of hostility encroching onto the forums lately ?

I notice that Nick (With trike) has decided enough is enough and become an ex-member :(
It seems a shame to be honest as any other potential people reading the forums and seeing arguments etc may well be put off !!

It may just be this depressing time of year, well it is for me at the moment But It seems as though the (to me) cheerfull nature has gone somewhat awol :o :o

This has happened before on other forums I used to be a member of and in all honesty at my age I can't be doing with all this playground childness and I'm affraid if it continues then I shall say goodbye aswell :'( :'(

Sorry for having a moan, But I thought i'd mention it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
14-11-10, 09:52 AM
Dunno what's up with people!

Nico_babe
14-11-10, 11:35 AM
I have also noticed some people have not been happy on the forum and have made some comments on facebook. I have been feeling a bit down but i think its just the face that the weather has changed and i cant do that much riding because of it.

I really hope people remember that we are all here for eachother no matter what. We can still all meet up, even if its on 4 wheels [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
14-11-10, 11:39 AM
Hostility? Not sure why you feel that Simon. As has been said before the typed word doesn't convey the nuances of the spoken word so can be misunderstood. Perhaps that has happened again?

I'm sorry to hear Nick has decided to leave us. I think he was getting very fed up with not being able to sort his trike's brakes. I believe he did have some offers of help but they didn't seem to fit in with his availability.

Keep smiling, the sun will be back and we can all get out there and enjoy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

silly_simon
14-11-10, 03:44 PM
Sorry Judy, Hostility may have been a bit harsh a word in this context :) but I'm sure everyone gets what i'm on about ;)

bobf279
14-11-10, 04:01 PM
I think Nick got mixed up in a misunderstanding over a jokey comment. Pity he left though

Dabz
14-11-10, 04:20 PM
other than loudpipes and the trike guy having a hissy fit for no apparent reason...can someone explain what exactly is the problem at the mo? 2 people (who never come to meets, rides, events etc) decide to leave and suddenly the whole forum is labelled as going to rat ****? doesn't make sense to me...

silly_simon
14-11-10, 04:56 PM
James
I wasnt having a dig at anyone and nor was it meant that way but I just feel, reading the boards lately there seems to be a fair bit of discontent amonst the ranks :(

On a more personal note I think WB is a great place and have met some really good friends, yourself included [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

So if I have in any way shape or form upset anyone then for that I apologise :-[ :-[

Green Man
14-11-10, 05:09 PM
The Trike guy left as he seemed to wont every one to be at his beck and call I did take time out to go round and show him what he needed but he dint seem to wont to put himself out to just clip a cable in place
PS this was the feedback i got from the PM he sent me last night

Dabz
14-11-10, 05:09 PM
that wasn't aimed at you at all mate..sorry! I've spent the last hour trying to find threads where people are unhappy but can't really find any, so am a bit confused!

silly_simon
14-11-10, 05:13 PM
No offence taken mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Maybe because I am in the douldrums at the moment perhaps I'm reading to much into things :-/

bobf279
14-11-10, 05:16 PM
It was in the November ride out thread

redken1
14-11-10, 05:16 PM
I have engaged in a number of intense debates on the forum and "locked horns" with other members expressing different views from mine. Sometimes comments are taken out of context or are misunderstood by the reader. Moreover, sometimes the author's words do not always convey clearly the point he/she is trying to make (Ive been guilty of that in the past). Unfortunately, that's the nature of internet forums. Wiltshire Bikers is like one big family and like all families, members fall out from time to time, but without wishing to sound corny, there is usually enough love to make up.

Beamer
14-11-10, 05:22 PM
I have always said and will continue to do so.....this is a brilliant forum with some absolutley great characters on it.....Occasionally some clash with each other but resolve these issues by doing whatever they need to do.....I for one do not think there is a mass influx of negativity right now and find that just 1 or 2 people have found that actually the world doesnt revolve around what they want/need etc. Because the group is so large it would be totally impossible to please all the people all the time.... and if a particular issue isnt going the way 1 person wants it to then we are all made to look unhelpful/tactless/whatever. The forum is made up of an awful lot of people with an awful lot of opinions which sometimes can be misunderstood because the tone is not available within the printed word. Its looking beyond what can be read and realising that no malice or offence was meant by what was written.
The majority of active members are still very happy and are very adaptable to change..........It would be great if people with issues would mention it before they blow a fuse or get so peed off they feel the need to leave.....but if a person chooses to leave then sobeit......we're all adults and have a choice.... but personally my choice is to stay with the forum and to enjoy my biking journey with some fantastic likeminded people who dont make mountains out of molehills.....so lets get a massive group hug going and laugh at our own idiosyncracies because thats what makes us all who we are.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Last Train
14-11-10, 05:23 PM
Perhaps we should have a dedicated Toys and Prams thread where all the high maintenance contributors can entertain themselves ?

Dabz
14-11-10, 05:25 PM
is it any coincidence that people started being discontented at the same time that Stacy debut'd his new white cardigan? :P

AlanMc
14-11-10, 05:27 PM
:) :) :) BIG HUG :) :) :)

silly_simon
14-11-10, 05:29 PM
Sounds like a good idea Kev [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It could be called Moans and groans :o

OOps what a can of worms I've opened ::) ::) Sorry guys and girls It was just an observation i made and was curious as to wether anyone else had noticed :-[ :-[

silly_simon
14-11-10, 05:30 PM
is it any coincidence that people started being discontented at the same time that Stacy debut'd his new white cardigan? :P

Have no idea Dabz as I havent/didnt get to see it ;D

Jacde
14-11-10, 05:33 PM
Tina you're like our own Dalai Lama [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Not an awful lot I can add to your post tbh, apart from, yes I'd love Trowbridge and Gastard to be that little bit nearer to Swindon as it would be so much easier to get to PB and H&C evenings, but I figure the whole idea of having a motorbike is to get on it and ride it somewhere ::)

Jacde
14-11-10, 05:34 PM
Perhaps we should have a dedicated Toys and Prams thread where all the high maintenance contributors can entertain themselves ?

hahaha love it
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Green Man
14-11-10, 05:37 PM

An update on that cardigan Graeme has the highest bid so far as soon as stacy showed him it at the h&c today he was Straight in with a bid ;D ;D ;D ;D

Beamer
14-11-10, 05:40 PM
lmao.....love it .... its like something from starsky and hutch hehe ;D ;D

Bonnielass
14-11-10, 05:44 PM
Well I think it's a very nice cardigan/jacket! :D

Last Train
14-11-10, 05:45 PM

I want one......... http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-043.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Green Man
14-11-10, 05:50 PM
Perhaps we could get Wiltshire bikers put on the back of it how cool would that look !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacde
14-11-10, 05:51 PM
Dabz, think you need to include a cardigan in the WB merchandise :)

Dabz
14-11-10, 06:00 PM
hehe sounds like a plan! we shall look like the val doonigan fan club!

redken1
14-11-10, 06:05 PM
hehe sounds like a plan! we shall look like the val doonigan fan club!

Ye Dabz and we could all trade our bikes in for rocking chairs ;D ;D

Nelly
14-11-10, 06:25 PM
;D Did i miss something? :-?

Dabz
14-11-10, 06:30 PM
From what I'm being told, Nelly, certain people got their knickers in a twist because the volunteers who run WB dared to not be able to make today's ride-out, which meant members had to organise themselves in getting to the publicised meeting places. Bloody disgusting don't you think? After all, why on earth should we have lives, jobs or families ...it's ridiculous that we didn't put all our time into organising someone else's day out! In future we shall have to make sure we treat the members like children and don't dare to have our own lives!

;D :D :o :P [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=happy.gif]

smellygerm
14-11-10, 06:34 PM
I think we should have a lottery and the winner has to have their photo taken with the offensive Cardy on but if dabz wins he'll have to keep his mouth closed, could get a nasty glare of those toothy pegs lol ;D ;D

Dabz
14-11-10, 06:36 PM
lol :P the cardy wasnt actually that bad was it? I reckon it needs to make a second appearance at the PB next Friday for more people to see it

smellygerm
14-11-10, 06:39 PM
lol :P the cardy wasnt actually that bad was it? I reckon it needs to make a second appearance at the PB next Friday for more people to see it

I'm not crazy ;D ;D

smellygerm
14-11-10, 06:40 PM
secret Santa lol guess what your getting ;D

Dabz
14-11-10, 06:42 PM
lol! :P

Green Man
14-11-10, 06:45 PM
Stace I think if your going to give it away the kindest thing I can do is have a look around the charity shops and find you another one [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
14-11-10, 07:02 PM
don't do that I might get the same one back

Snowy
14-11-10, 07:11 PM
Stop talking with negative waves about my cardigan please - the ladies comments were all I needed to hear.......

Anyone got the pipe & slippers to match?

KP
14-11-10, 07:13 PM
it could be worth wrapping it up and having a game of pass the parcel that way whoever wins keeps it hehe ;D ;D ;D

Dabz
14-11-10, 07:14 PM
or is that whoever loses...? :P

Scaredy_Cat
14-11-10, 07:19 PM
From a newbie's point of view, I think WB is a great forum. I have been really impressed at how willing you all are to offer help & advice, and the banter is brilliant. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I'm certainly not going to be put off by any spats that seem to be an inevitable part of all internet forums from time to time. That's the problem with losing the clues given by body language and inflections of speech as has already been said. :-/

Righto, that's my bravery gone; back to being Scaredy Cat hiding in the shadows! ;D

redken1
14-11-10, 07:19 PM
it could be worth wrapping it up and having a game of pass the parcel that way whoever wins keeps it hehe ;D ;D ;D

Don't wanna be a party pooper but I don't do pass the parcel ;D ;D

Nico_babe
14-11-10, 07:23 PM

Come on Redken it will be fun !! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Green Man
14-11-10, 07:24 PM
[quote author=ninja_zx6r link=1289725360/30#39 date=1289761994]it could be worth wrapping it up and having a game of pass the parcel that way whoever wins keeps it hehe ;D ;D ;D

Don't wanna be a party pooper but I don't do pass the parcel ;D ;D[/quote
Yea right ken you know whats inside, i think are give it a mis this time let someone else have a chance as its xmas [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
14-11-10, 07:25 PM

Come on Redken it will be fun !! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

yeah....you never know you might win redken hehe....its a loverly cardy :o...might need to wear your shades tho hehe 8-) 8-) 8-) its very bright hehe ;D ;D ;D

redken1
14-11-10, 07:28 PM
Well said Colin Ive got loads of tops and its a time for sharing and giving :P

redken1
14-11-10, 07:33 PM
Ok Tina will play on the condition that I don't have to do a rendition of a Val Doonican hit (did he have one?) If I did WB members would leave en masse. ;D ;D

Nelly
14-11-10, 07:39 PM
From what I'm being told, Nelly, certain people got their knickers in a twist because the volunteers who run WB dared to not be able to make today's ride-out, which meant members had to organise themselves in getting to the publicised meeting places. Bloody disgusting don't you think? After all, why on earth should we have lives, jobs or families ...it's ridiculous that we didn't put all our time into organising someone else's day out! In future we shall have to make sure we treat the members like children and don't dare to have our own lives!

;D :D :o :P [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=happy.gif]

Ah right, thanks Dabz. sort of cleared it up ::) :-? ::) :-? ::) :-? :)

Jacde
14-11-10, 07:50 PM
Ok Tina will play on the condition that I don't have to do a rendition of a Val Doonican hit (did he have one?) If I did WB members would leave en masse. ;D ;D

Ken :( :( :( :( :(
Val was one of my childhood heros, how could you not know that he had 5 top ten hits and 5 top ten albums one of which stayed at no 1 for 23 weeks, [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Val Doonican rocks, literally ;D ;D

Green Man
14-11-10, 07:52 PM
Val was one of my childhood heros, how could you not know that he had 5 top ten hits and 5 top ten albums one of which stayed at no 1 for 23 weeks, [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Val Doonican rocks, literally ;D ;D
[/quote]
PMSL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Scotty
14-11-10, 08:07 PM
ROTFLMFAO!!!
Oh that's mint Kev, couldn't have put it better myself ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

BB
14-11-10, 08:22 PM
From a newbie's point of view, I think WB is a great forum. I have been really impressed at how willing you all are to offer help & advice, and the banter is brilliant. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I'm certainly not going to be put off by any spats that seem to be an inevitable part of all internet forums from time to time. That's the problem with losing the clues given by body language and inflections of speech as has already been said. :-/

Righto, that's my bravery gone; back to being Scaredy Cat hiding in the shadows! ;D

Good to hear you are enjoying it on here. Come out the shadows one evening and say hi in person [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

freddieb
14-11-10, 08:32 PM
Cardy's?..... Val Doonican?........ NOOooo! That's all I have to say.... ;D ;D ;D

Green Man
14-11-10, 08:39 PM
Cardy's?..... Val Doonican?........ NOOooo! That's all I have to say.... ;D ;D ;D

now im sure you had one on this morning when i seen you ;D ;D

freddieb
14-11-10, 09:08 PM
Themal blanket, that's what that was... Easily mistaken I know but definately no cardy!! ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Green Man
14-11-10, 11:31 PM
I'm with Kev Sounds like a good idea [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ro
15-11-10, 12:22 PM
I gather that the cardigan is being auctioned; here it is, being modelled by the current high bidder: ;)

http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/2010-11-14/s5-1013803/photo.jpg

Nelly
15-11-10, 12:32 PM
I just looked at that Photo of the "mystery bidder" and the Words Rolf & Harris came to mind.... :o

Snowy
15-11-10, 05:44 PM
I just looked at that Photo of the "mystery bidder" and the Words Rolf & Harris came to mind.... :o

You goin to the H&C Wednesday mucker?

Ryan
15-11-10, 06:01 PM
Just to let you all know i am still alive.. just? ;D

Not posted much on here recently but i am still here and a full member of dee clab! and am reading the forum! doing more offroading now the weather has turned nasty i dont like the cold :( so the fireplace is tucked up nicely for the winter, might be out and about on nice dry sunny days, but will cya all for sure when the weather turns better again next year, especialy looking forward to our camping trip again,

Hope to catch up with all you lovley people again soon :-*

Dabz
15-11-10, 06:48 PM
Good to see you're all signed up for next year's camping Ryan :D

Ryan
15-11-10, 08:20 PM
Indeed james! such a good laugh last year so glad i got a space in time :d

Jon_W
18-11-10, 09:30 AM
Have just read this from the start.... It does seem to bee the season for discontent at the moment, another club I'm involved with has had similar....

Now I'm no regular, I cannot make a lot of the meets and none of the rideouts due to work, rowing and trying to get my sh1t done in between, but I like the forum and the people on it and find good conversation and entertainment on here. I have had my problems with WB and see how some people find it frustrating. There does need to be a bit more of an effort from WB to ensure that newbies are not left standing at meets. This happened to me a few times and I nearly left over it....

However, I didn't and am glad of it! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
18-11-10, 10:38 AM
Some people are more suited to internet forums than others hence why people seem to throw their teddies/get a bag on/leave over things which seem trivial to other people.

It's called 'Natural Forum Selection'