PDA

View Full Version : Vivi get's her arm back

Jacde
16-11-10, 11:24 PM
Vivi is due to have her plaster cast removed tomorrow (Wednesday) ;D
Hey missus, take it easy when it first comes off ok [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
16-11-10, 11:29 PM
Hey Vivi, are you going to head to the Fart & Clown to show everyone your arm, all withered and white and hairy? ;D ;D ;D

Jacde
16-11-10, 11:32 PM
Hey Vivi, are you going to head to the Fart & Clown to show everyone your arm, all withered and white and hairy? ;D ;D ;D

it'll be smelly too ;D ;D

BB
17-11-10, 07:12 AM
Bet the 1st thing she does is give it a good scratch and flake all over the floor! :D

BB

Nelly
17-11-10, 09:35 AM
Bet the 1st thing she does is give it a good scratch and flake all over the floor! :D

BB

Lovely!
welcome back arm ;D

virginie_morisot
17-11-10, 02:47 PM
oh my god, theres a thread about my arm ! ;D
thanks guys! xx
and for info it's all bathed, oiled, not hairy !!!!!!
feels quite weak though...and stiff.. so nursing it at home tonight.. can't drive yet and got loads to do for school tomo.
tamks for wishes ! 6weeks seemed like a long time... but then it makes you appreciate when things are just "ok" , thats actually pretty good.. even if there are things we always wish were better..
saw guy in rtown with amputated leg today. other person in wheel chair.. just grateful my injury was temporary..
ake care you al :-) xx

Jacde
17-11-10, 04:49 PM
You can tell your out of plaster at last, your spelling is almost back to normal ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm going to the PB on Friday, do you want me to pick you up?

Moo
17-11-10, 04:59 PM

it'll be smelly too ;D ;D

And it will look like an evil claw!!! :o

virginie_morisot
17-11-10, 05:23 PM
hey guys, is that supposed to make me feel better !!! :P
it actually looks surprising normal nor after a bit of ...pampering!! ;D

BB
17-11-10, 05:36 PM
Just need plenty of exercise now. Things like, everytime you walk past the bike see how easily you can pull in the lever. I did that all the time once the pins were removed and as soon as I could pull the lever ok I was back out on a short ride! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Hand ached like hell afterwards mind :D

BB

Jacde
17-11-10, 05:39 PM
That's great advice BB, Vivi you've got the excuse now to move your bike from the garage into your kitchen now [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bonnielass
17-11-10, 05:57 PM
It was about 6 more weeks before I rode my bike after I broke my wrist, like BB says, get your wrist strong enough to pull that lever in, I would say don't get on the bike until you feel that the time is right. Having said that, it'll be good to see you out on a rideout soon! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

virginie_morisot
17-11-10, 06:10 PM
that's very good advice guys thank you ! :-)

Mark_Able
18-11-10, 08:17 PM
Then it's time to get that test done... [smiley=happy.gif]

Toph
18-11-10, 08:35 PM
It's great that your wrist is finally liberated!!! ;D :)
see you soon , sans plaster cast!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] x

Caz
20-11-10, 05:01 PM
Great news Vivi now we are both unplastered and free Yippee :)

virginie_morisot
20-11-10, 07:33 PM
ye we are !! :-) can now operate clutch !!! (bit stiff though..)

BB
21-11-10, 11:03 AM
What the arm or the clutch? ;)

BB

virginie_morisot
21-11-10, 12:49 PM
pullinmg the clutch... was easier this morning !! :-P

BB
21-11-10, 05:26 PM
Keep practising. Get out on the road soon as you can, find some quiet roads and practise smooth riding and anticipation so you don't need to stop or hold the clutch in for long.

BB

virginie_morisot
21-11-10, 08:54 PM
good advice, thinkng of gong out obn bike next weekend for a wee practice...