PDA

View Full Version : speed cameras

Hazel-nut
21-11-10, 09:25 PM
just a quick question, not looking to start a debate but was wondering how much over the speed limit you have to be before a fixed camera will flash you?

Green Man
21-11-10, 09:28 PM
Hazel if your in wiltshire don’t worry there all turned of yep he [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

DaytonaDog
21-11-10, 09:28 PM
Rule of thumb is 10 per cent + 3 mph, i.e 30 mph = 36 mph and above.

If you have been flashed you should receive notification within 14 days as that is the time limit in which to serve a NIP (Notice of intended prosecution).

Hazel-nut
21-11-10, 10:02 PM
i saw it flash :-/ but im not sure if it was for me or the bike in front!
me speedo and sat nav were both telling me different speeds so i dont know if i was over that or not chris :-/

DaytonaDog
21-11-10, 10:06 PM
Hazel

I would go by the speed of your sat nav. Speedos tend to be notoriously inaccurate, sometimes upto 5 mph incorrect although they are normally over as opposed to under.

Gerry
21-11-10, 10:08 PM
me speedo and sat nav were both telling me different speeds so i dont know if i was over that or not chris :-/

In my experience the speedo is usually reading over the correct speed and the sat-nav will be right - although my sat-nav and Snooper are always a second or so behind my actual speed.

So if you were at a more or less constant speed I'd belive the sat-nav.

WOW - a whole post without a flirt, I'm growing up [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hazel-nut
21-11-10, 10:19 PM
lol gerry!
im hoping the speed of my sat nav is how fast i was going and it was the bike that got flashed not me :-/

Roxy
21-11-10, 10:24 PM
Dabz got flashed???? NO WAY!!!!!!!

Gerry
21-11-10, 10:28 PM
lol gerry!
im hoping the speed of my sat nav is how fast i was going and it was the bike that got flashed not me :-/

Typical... you cage drivers wishing the worst on us poor, cold motorcyclists, we are just an easy target - shame on you I say young Hazel, shame on you :-?

On a similar subject, my sister in law got flashed in Bath one night, but that wasn't by a camera and she was walking :-/

Hazel-nut
21-11-10, 10:30 PM
i didnt know who the biker was and he over took in a place he shouldnt later on so he deserves it more than me :P
lol gerry why did i know it was gonna be you that mentioned that type of flashing :P

roxy i wish it had been dabz but unfortunatly not :(

Roxy
21-11-10, 10:46 PM
HA HA HA

I should have guessed it wasn't Dabz....his bike doesn't go fast enough!!! lmao!! ;) ;D

Green Man
21-11-10, 10:54 PM
HA HA HA

I should have guessed it wasn't Dabz....his bike doesn't go fast enough!!! lmao!! ;) ;D

If he had a Kawasaki he would he he ;D ;D

Flying Half-Dutchman
21-11-10, 11:01 PM
Just 'cos it flashed doesn't mean there's a film in it. I've been flashed at :o a couple of times & nothing has happened. But then there was the other occasion which cost me £60. But I was in a car that time :(

Hunar
21-11-10, 11:07 PM
HA HA HA

He'd only be flashed BECAUSE he rode a Kawasaki, that's a crime in itself, regardless of speed!

Nelly
22-11-10, 07:45 AM
HA HA HA

He'd only be flashed BECAUSE he rode a Kawasaki, that's a crime in itself, regardless of speed!

Oi! I'll be talking to you smoothie face ;D

Jon_W
22-11-10, 08:08 AM

Ok, the camers can flash and not take a picture. Depends on weather a film is loaded or not.

As to your speed reading differently to your sat nav, I'd believe your sat nav. The speedo can read up to 10% over the speed your are doing, depending on the wear on the tyre, tyre pressure, calibration of the speedo.

Alas, the only way to tell is to wait for the envelope...... :(

Hazel-nut
22-11-10, 10:08 AM
Looks like I'm gonna be waiting for that envelope for the next 2 weeks then :( problem is it goes to my parents house and my dad knows what the envelope looks like coz he's had plenty of them :P :-/

Scotty
22-11-10, 11:04 PM
Face it Hazel, you're a wanted woman, a crim, a fugitive - your mugshot will be on Crimewatch, you'll have to get special dispensation to do your finals from behind bars!! :o :o :o

Dabz
22-11-10, 11:28 PM
we're having a debate as to whether there's actually a speed camera where she got flashed hehe...there's definitely one (well two actually) on the southbound carrageway of the A46 coming into Bath (Batheaston Bypass) but nobody I've spoken to can remember there being one northbound!

Nelly
23-11-10, 07:39 AM
we're having a debate as to whether there's actually a speed camera where she got flashed hehe...there's definitely one (well two actually) on the southbound carrageway of the A46 coming into Bath (Batheaston Bypass) but nobody I've spoken to can remember there being one northbound!

There def used to be one each side.... or has someone been out with the chainsaw? :-?

Jon_W
23-11-10, 07:56 AM

There never has been a northbound camera. There are two southbound cameras, one just after the Lands down junction and one just after the A4 junction.

tracey_c
23-11-10, 09:20 AM
my husbands a lorry driver & uses that road all the time, says that no camera northbound on the dual carriage.the one at the bottom has a mind of its own as it flashes if vehicles come towards it with nothing coming the other way!!!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hazel-nut
23-11-10, 11:07 AM
something flashed behind me and i know there is a speed camera there!my sat nav was telling me it was there but coz it was dark i couldnt remember where abouts it was!
as you go north its where the road goes from dual carriageway to single and there is a turning off to the left
im gonna get evidence of it :P

Dabz
23-11-10, 11:10 AM
the satnav will be warning of the camera on the other side...

I think one of us needs to take a trip up to prove to everyone whether or not there's a camera there...everyone I speak to is convinced there isn't :P

Jon_W
23-11-10, 11:51 AM
Could have been a mobile unit, there is a layby up at the end of the dual carrageway. would find that odd, as that is the slowest bit of the road. Normally the mobile cameras sit in the layby on the southbound side.

tracey_c
23-11-10, 01:34 PM
plus northbound layby closed, just where dual carriage way meets single carriage!!!!!

Moo
23-11-10, 10:19 PM
Could have been a mobile unit, there is a layby up at the end of the dual carrageway. would find that odd, as that is the slowest bit of the road. Normally the mobile cameras sit in the layby on the southbound side.

They do sit on the Southbound side but they zap people on the Northbound side from there. A workmate was done there last week. >:(

Jon_W
24-11-10, 01:31 PM

They do sit on the Southbound side but they zap people on the Northbound side from there. A workmate was done there last week. >:(

Have often wondered about that.... wasn't sure if they could see the plate through the armco.... barstuards.... :P