PDA

View Full Version : Energy rip-off?

redken1
26-11-10, 09:54 PM
Today's main news - Ofgem is to launch a wide-ranging investigation of the UK retail energy sector to determine if companies are "playing it straight with consumers" in the wake of recent price rises.

The regulator said it would undertake a "comprehensive review" of the market after calculating profit margins would rise by 38 per cent as a result of the retail price increases by three of the country's six big utilities.

If ordinary people are making sacrafices and "pulling their belts in" in the current economic climate, then surely it is not too much to ask that the Energy companies do likewise? I believe that Ofgem is a "Toothless Tiger" and the government needs to fit it with a new set of sharp of dentures in order to enable the regulator to turn up the heat on the Energy companies. >:(

Toph
26-11-10, 10:23 PM
I have oil fired central heating.... the price of domestic heating oil has doubled in the last 5 years... ... I think my next bike will be a PUCH MAXI!!!..... seriously though... my standard of living has dropped massively in the last 3 years, I am lucky to the point that my mortgage is paid off in 2 years, but other living expenses and the fact that my two daughters are looking at university education means that I will be seriously skint for the forseeable future!! :'(

Green Man
26-11-10, 10:56 PM
Energy company’s more like rip-off Britain [smiley=thumbsup.gif]