PDA

View Full Version : Un-pc?

wiltshire builders
01-12-10, 04:29 PM
The world is steadily getting more and more politically correct, firemen are now firefighters, blackboards are now chalkboards and in some bakeries they sell gingerbread persons.

How on earth the suspesion manufacturer WP have lasted so long is beyond me. Especially as they are the shock of choice for KTM, an Austrian company.

They should be forced to change their name incase someone, somewhere is being offended as we speak. ;D

Snowy
01-12-10, 07:52 PM
OK I'm in "being thick" mode. Please explain? :-?

Beamer
01-12-10, 07:54 PM
OK I'm in "being thick" mode. Please explain? :-?

Thank god for that.....I thought it was just me hehehe ::) ::)

DaytonaDog
01-12-10, 07:55 PM
Me too

ro
01-12-10, 08:04 PM
WP stands for White Power.

Moo
01-12-10, 08:06 PM
The world is steadily getting more and more politically correct, firemen are now firefighters, blackboards are now chalkboards and in some bakeries they sell gingerbread persons.

How on earth the suspesion manufacturer WP have lasted so long is beyond me. Especially as they are the shock of choice for KTM, an Austrian company.

They should be forced to change their name incase someone, somewhere is being offended as we speak. ;D

I think they already have! I read about it in some magazine, they haven't used their original name for quite a while its now just plain WP. The original name is only known by us older bikers!! :)

Snowy
01-12-10, 08:20 PM
WP stands for White Power.

I always thought it was just a shortening of Works Performance ::)

and I'm old .........

wiltshire builders
02-12-10, 12:00 AM
I think they already have! I read about it in some magazine, they haven't used their original name for quite a while its now just plain WP. The original name is only known by us older bikers!! :)

Bloody hell, It turns out real life is stranger than fiction.

1-0 nanny state. :-[

jonnydangerous
02-12-10, 11:27 AM
yup! i had a bike with "White Power" plastered all over the forks :-)