PDA

View Full Version : Anyone good at Clothes alterations?

Nico_babe
03-12-10, 07:24 PM
Desperatly in need of some help here. Bought a dress for my fancy Xmas party which is next Friday and the dress fits nicely except the criss cross straps at the back could do with having an extra 2 or so inches added on under the arm where they come in cause the dress is pulling a bit tight on my chest from the straps being too tight.

If anyone can help me out with this it will be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot sew at all !!!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
03-12-10, 07:27 PM
I will ask the Missus Nico and get back asap [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

She is at work at the mo but I will pick her up @ 8pm :)

What do you need ? elastic or a piece of material ?

Nico_babe
03-12-10, 08:35 PM
Thanks so much. I reckon an extra piece of material on each cross over strap will do but im open to any suggestions cause im aweful at anything like this.

silly_simon
04-12-10, 09:23 AM
I'm really sorry Nicky :( She says she is no good at doing alterations and wouldn't want to mess it up :o

Hope you get it sorted babes [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mitch9128
04-12-10, 09:25 AM
Local dry cleaners usually do alterations, or certainly would know who could. There is someone up in Cepen Park here in Chippenham, too far?

Jacde
04-12-10, 10:21 AM
Nicky I can sew, only problem is I'm away for a few days from Monday, I could possibly come straight to you after work tomorrow (Sunday) and do the alteration at yours, but wouldn't get to you till about 8:30pm, also not to sure if I've got any spare black material, to sort the straps with and I'm in work all day today and tomorrow so can't get to any shops to find some.

Nico_babe
04-12-10, 02:36 PM
Awh thanks a ton everyone. I bought a stick on bra thing, (heheheh) and that seems to have worked and sorted it out somehow.

Thanks for the offers and the help everyone. I wll post pics after Friday so you can all see how i scrub up [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ::)

silly_simon
04-12-10, 07:08 PM
Corrr !!!
Will look forward to that then :P :P :P (tougne hanging out in anticipation) ;D ;D ;D

Mark_Able
06-12-10, 08:34 PM
Desperatly in need of some help here. Bought a dress for my fancy Xmas party which is next Friday and the dress fits nicely except the criss cross straps at the back could do with having an extra 2 or so inches added on under the arm where they come in cause the dress is pulling a bit tight on my chest from the straps being too tight.

If anyone can help me out with this it will be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot sew at all !!!

The old 'two Zeppelins fitting in the same hangar' problem. I could lend a hand, but I'd probably get banned from the site... [smiley=happy.gif]

Nico_babe
06-12-10, 08:35 PM

The old 'two Zeppelins fitting in the same hangar' problem. I could lend a hand, but I'd probably get banned from the site... [smiley=happy.gif]

HAHAHAHAH you guys crack me up. Im not sure whether i should be flattered of not LOL LOL [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Squashed_Fly
07-12-10, 12:21 PM
If you want them made smaller, you can leave them in my wardrobe for 12 months.

All my winter clothes seem to have shrunk in there! I promise it's nothing to do with the food or beer! :D