PDA

View Full Version : Old Age :-(

Gerry
25-11-10, 03:11 AM
Morning 8-)

It’s just after 3.00am, and recently this is about the time when my brain thinks it should start the day by cramming itself with dozens of random thoughts until I give in and get up !
What happened to the Gerry that could lie in until 11.00am (or later) at the weekends and still be tired when I got up I don’t know, but now my mind seems to like to start early and then pile in so many thoughts, ideas, feelings and plans that it’s just no good, there’s no way I’m going to back to sleep.

This morning (or is it still officially night) it’s thoughts of the Ace café and why there isn’t somewhere like that for us “Westerners”, what if I was to sell the business and find somewhere to rent and build one up. “Biker Bills Café” came into my head (crap name, but remember I’m still half asleep) !

Other thoughts then pile in, “how to get rich” ?

What I ought to do is to stop having brilliant ideas and put one of them into action, I’m sure that now is a great time to get into children’s toilet systems with a potty with a “Henry Vacuum Cleaner” type face on, except this one would have glasses and be called “Harry Potty”
Or then there’s my men’s personal tissues “Wankychiefs” (OK, don’t ask)
Or a loo roll with six extra bits on cos it always runs out half a dozen bits to soon !

By this time my brain is in usual early morning overload, what bike should I have next (and how to pay for it) should I move to Greece and retire by the sea living off Ouzo and Greeks salads, and then the usual sad thoughts of a lost love (two little words that equal untold sadness).

This early rising may just be an age thing (I’m feeling pretty old lately) and then I started to try and think of all the good things about being older and after ten minutes deep thought I’ve come up with a list of one - cheaper insurance [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

As my personal death clock ( www.death-clock.org ) says I’ve only 7,308 days, 12 hours and 9 minutes left to live (it’s just for fun folks) :-/ I really ought to be trying to look at things more optimistically.
I’m hoping that there must be more than one benefit to being in the second (and last) half of my life.

I’ll start a list, please feel free to add…

Old Ged ;)

Gerry
25-11-10, 03:12 AM
Replying to my own thread as nobody else is up yet ;)

1, Cheaper Insurance
2, Less money spent on hair products.

Gerry
25-11-10, 03:37 AM
Helloooo...
OK, I give in, I've tried chatting to the search engine web crawlers, MSN bot says nothing and I'm sure the Googlebot is just ignoring me on purpose >:(
Well, you have had your chance bots, I'm off to chat to the sexy little bots on the Supra forum :P

Struggling to think of more benefits, although my memory isn't what it used to be (although it might be as good, I can't really remember) :D

Oh. thought of another... :)

1, Cheaper Insurance
2, Less money spent on hair products.
3, Cheaper insurance

smellygerm
25-11-10, 06:56 AM
I must stop putting cocaine in them burgers , ;D

BladeTriple
25-11-10, 07:32 AM
Replying to my own thread as nobody else is up yet ;)

1, Cheaper Insurance really??? when ??? it keeps going up!

2, Less money spent on hair products. Speak for yourself :P

You no longer understand how yoofs speak innit and you don't care that you're not that hip because now as you understand how much of a tosser it makes you sound ;D

You really can remember when 'this was all just fields' and not sprawling areas of concrete and brick .

BB
25-11-10, 07:42 AM
I must stop putting cocaine in them burgers , ;D

;D ;D

Was it just Gerry's you laced? No one else was up!

BB

BB
25-11-10, 07:43 AM
And don't get me started on 'I can remember when this was all fields...' :-[

BB

Nelly
25-11-10, 07:45 AM
What worries me is that as i get older, i've noticed that i have started saying all the things that my dad said, that i always promised i would never say....

"wouldn't happen in my day....." :(

Jon_W
25-11-10, 08:06 AM
I thought as you got older you slept more??? Obviously not.... :P

Squashed_Fly
25-11-10, 09:47 AM
One thing I do know, is if you have a "greeks salad", he gets really angry and starts shouting at you! lol ;D

Beamer
25-11-10, 05:32 PM
This is sooooo funny.....James, myself, kev and Hazel have talked so many times about buying a real 'Cafe Beamer' for bikers and lorry drivers etc.....not a posh gaff or anything but just a friendly 'normal' place for people to meet during the week/weekends ..... ive driven past the that old idian place in Southwick loads of times with my little dreams going on my head etc......Yup Gerry, I must be getting old too ......etc ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DaytonaDog
25-11-10, 06:15 PM
'The older I get the better I was'.

Getting older means I can listen to Radio 2 and its socially acceptable.

Getting older means that what I used to do all night, now takes me all night to do. ;)

On a serious note, being older means you have gained knowledge and experience to appreciate whats important in life and what is not worth worrying about.

Beamer
25-11-10, 06:27 PM
We all get older but that does NOT mean we have to grow up !! hehehe ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D :D ;)

redken1
25-11-10, 07:54 PM
Free tv licence at 75. Mind you knowing my luck when (if) I reach 74 the government of the day will scrap it.

Scotty
26-11-10, 01:06 PM
Yeah, cheaper insurance.. that'd be nice ::)

When I set forth on my Fizzy and then graduated onto a 250 and so on in the late '70s, I was part of the high-accident demographic of reckless youths with a short life-expectancy. Over 30 years later, and I'm still in the sodding high-accident demographic that comprises Born-Again bikers (no offence to any BA-WBs) on high capacity sports bikes - Pah! >:(

I like the sound of a real Beamer Café :) 8-) Make it so....

Mark_Able
26-11-10, 09:02 PM
I don't sleep well.
I've started listening to Radio 2.
I don't like crowds.
I don't like the weather too hot.
I don't like the weather too cold.
All my neighbours piss me off.
I can't read small print.
The only opinion that counts is mine.

I'm with you Gerry... :-/ [smiley=happy.gif]

Green Man
26-11-10, 09:06 PM
I don't sleep well.
I don't like crowds.

+1 with you all the way on that Lol [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
26-11-10, 09:08 PM
I don't sleep well.
I don't like crowds.

Ye but don't you feel like a frisky young stud when you get out on that FZ1 Mark? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
26-11-10, 09:18 PM
I don't sleep well.
I don't like crowds.

Ye but don't you feel like a frisky young stud when you get out on that FZ1 Mark? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

FZ1 or no FZ1, I'd rather go for a frisky young filly myself Ken... ;) ;D

redken1
26-11-10, 09:24 PM
I don't sleep well.
I don't like crowds.

FZ1 or no FZ1, I'd rather go for a frisky young filly myself Ken... ;) ;D
;D ;D ;D Too late to retract my previous comments I suppose :-*

Beamer
26-11-10, 10:59 PM
you're all talking about the negative effects of age.....what about the good stuff ?? like......

1, Not having your mum asking where you've been, why you're late, what you're doing, where you're going, telling you to not do this or that, nagging etc etc
2, If you want to buy something stupid you can and not have to explain to anyone,
3, Act stupid and not give a rats bum what people think
4, finally realising it doesnt actually matter if people dont agree with you
5, being able to 'be blonde' and not care who knows it
6, Losing all inhibitions and 'letting go' hehehe
7 leaving my room in a mess hehe
8 not eating all my meal and still having pudding after if i want to hehe

Im getting on in years and really dont care.... Ive never been in a 'better' place in my life where I am happy with who I am....and if thats not liked by others then tough.... i honestly dont give a toss
Im old enough now to know I am who I am like it or lump it .....too old to change now........... but.....Mum, if you read this Im sorry hehehehehe ;D ;D ;D ;D

tracey_c
26-11-10, 11:12 PM
spending more time in the loo than at the bar ;)

BB
27-11-10, 12:31 PM
Beamer 'getting on in years...' :o

I must admit I do agree with the rest of Beamer's list tho'

Not to mention most of Mark Able's - apart from taking off my glasses to read small print! ;D

BB

Kevinb
27-11-10, 05:34 PM
Looking forward to incontinence pants, you can have a pee without havng to queue ;D

The only way you can wear beads in your hair is either in your ear or nose hair.

Caz
27-11-10, 08:13 PM
[quote author=Kevinb link=1290654672/15#23 date=1290879257]Looking forward to incontinence pants, you can have a pee without havng to queue ;D]

And being a woman getting older, monthly cycles are now replaced by hot flushes :-[ Phew :-[
;D ;D

Scaredy_Cat
27-11-10, 08:39 PM
I don't sleep well.
I don't like crowds.

Uh-oh! There's no chance for me then; I'm like that already! ;D

redken1
27-11-10, 09:31 PM
[quote author=Kevinb link=1290654672/15#23 date=1290879257]Looking forward to incontinence pants, you can have a pee without havng to queue ;D]

And being a woman getting older, monthly cycles are now replaced by hot flushes :-[ Phew :-[
;D ;D

Women don't have a monopoly on hot flushes Caz - I bet alot of blokes get a hot flush when they see you in your leathers. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Caz
27-11-10, 09:56 PM
AW thanks ken you have made my day and made an ol lady very happy :)

Hunar
27-11-10, 10:31 PM

;D ;D

Women don't have a monopoly on hot flushes Caz - I bet alot of blokes get a hot flush when they see you in your leathers. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

not just in her leathers!

Caz
27-11-10, 10:59 PM
Ooh Stu I'm going red - its probably another hot flush ;D

dell_boy
27-11-10, 11:59 PM
I don't sleep well.
I don't like crowds.

thats sooooooooo me!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

dell_boy
28-11-10, 12:04 AM
ooh forgot to add

hip hurts when riding too long
i moan about plastic bikers,..the wannabees!!!!!
hands get colder quicker
looking at claasic bikes,..and thinking they aint that old
still thinking...i aint 40!!
noone says "young man" anymore
misses says "old git"
more grey than brown hair...(do pubes ever go grey?)

case of deal with it lol

Mark_Able
29-11-10, 08:36 PM
This should be retitled 'Victor Meldrew corner'... :)

Losing your dignity is also something that goes with getting old. I find it most annoying that my Mrs insists on plucking and trimming my nose and ear hair whilst I'm trying to watch the telly. It's demoralising when people look at old photos of me and say 'I didn't realise you had dark hair'... :(

dell_boy
29-11-10, 09:46 PM
mine plucks the odd hair outta my eyebrows,..that kin hurts >:(

Morticia
30-11-10, 07:28 AM
Gerry, can you just do like Steve? When he can't sleep he wakes me up to tell me he can't sleep. I then grumble, roll over and fall asleep on him.

Nelly
30-11-10, 12:14 PM
GOD! All of this is true. I feel so old.... farewell cruel world :(

Col
01-12-10, 03:30 PM
I know time seems to go by unbelievably quick :(....where's me zimmer :D

BladeTriple
01-12-10, 07:41 PM
where's me zimmer :D

If you asked Meike (Mrs Burger) that she will probably tell you you're sat in one of them typing away! 8-)

Col
02-12-10, 01:15 AM
:D even in my declining state I know it is my swivel leather chair wiv wheels ...velly comfy for the ole bones ;D

errrrrrrrr curiously though Hizzy I do possess a walking frame with a brake and walking sticks ............preparation is all :o

BladeTriple
02-12-10, 06:37 AM
Ah Col a zimmer is just a room in German , so you could be in any old zimmer , apart from the smallest one on the house and if you're online in there I really don't want to know .... Would that be the modern day version of reading the paper on the loo ??? :o

Col
03-12-10, 11:54 PM
Oh ta Hizzy...German lingo is lost on me although am partial to Rammstein, Blutengel and De Graf... my knowledge now increases by one word [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Now there is a thought ...I bet laptops have been used whilst in the khazi :-?

Jon_W
06-12-10, 12:18 PM
I don't sleep well.
I don't like crowds.

Except for sleeping and radio 2..., I'm with all of those.... is this premiture ageing???

Mark_Able
06-12-10, 08:29 PM
I don't sleep well.
I don't like crowds.

Except for sleeping and radio 2..., I'm with all of those.... is this premiture ageing???

If you think that fireworks should be confined to only the 5th November.
If sub woofers and fat exhausts in cars piss you off.
If you think Xfactorcelebrityjungledancingonice is bollocks.
Then yes... [smiley=happy.gif]

Jon_W
07-12-10, 08:12 AM
I don't sleep well.
I don't like crowds.

If you think that fireworks should be confined to only the 5th November.
If sub woofers and fat exhausts in cars piss you off.
If you think Xfactorcelebrityjungledancingonice is bollocks.
Then yes... [smiley=happy.gif]

Oh balls!!! I agree with all of those.... must be time for my horlicks and a nap..... :P

BB
07-12-10, 12:12 PM
The more I read on this thread the more I agree with and older I feel! :-/

;D ;D

BB

redken1
07-12-10, 05:37 PM
The more I read on this thread the more I agree with and older I feel! :-/

;D ;D

BB

I agree too - What a bunch of sad old gits we are ;D Perhaps we should rename this forum, "The Sad Moaning Old Biddies Forum" ;D