PDA

View Full Version : Soooo Cold

mcicy
28-11-10, 12:05 AM
Still no central heating and its -4 at the moment, good job I'm at work in the warm.... unfortunately the wife is home freezing ;D I don't know why but that thought makes me smile a little... I have been on nights and sleeping at my parents house in the warm while the works been carried out.

Still on the bonus side the new central heating system is almost installed, taken 5 days so far and I have so much respect for our plumber as he has hit nothing but obsticles in my house. Previous house owners seem to love doing jobs on the cheap which had to be fixed before any pipes could be run to the new radiators.

BRING ON MONDAY

dell_boy
28-11-10, 12:07 AM
your poor misses,....nothing worse than being cold :(

Jacde
28-11-10, 12:17 AM
You blokes seem to have your own central heating system and don't seem to notice the cold :-/
I'm on nights at the mo and forgot to set heating to come on when I got up this afternoon, I was very miserable until the house warmed up!

R1chie
28-11-10, 09:11 AM
36 deg C in the shade here yesterday 8-)

Hazel-nut
28-11-10, 09:15 PM
its -6 here in stoke!!! got 1/2 and inch of snow as well

redken1
28-11-10, 09:52 PM
Ye having problems with my boiler at the mo. Real pain

Jacde
28-11-10, 10:15 PM
36 deg C in the shade here yesterday 8-)

No one likes a show off ;D :P

Scotty
28-11-10, 10:59 PM
Oi, McIcy, shouldn't your avatar read "Colder than you"? ;D ;D ;D

Morticia
30-11-10, 07:32 AM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

mcicy
01-12-10, 03:58 PM

Nice

Well we now have heating took 6 days to install but its done, just needs a pump and a bit mre piping fitting later this week but we have heat and thats what matters.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] Well done to the plumber, my house threw every obstacle at him it could, triple width joists that broke his drill, icy roof tiles above the conservatory so he had to the fit the chimney part from the inside of the house (I think I learnt new swear words that day :-[ ), floor boards that couldn't be removed thanks to the previous owners version of DIY.

Still its done, I'm warm and just in time for my weekend at home ;D too bad the wife is away with work so she still hasn't experienced the benefits of central heating ;D

Morticia
12-12-10, 02:54 AM
Hot water bottle. I'm attached to mine, and it works beautifully! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]