PDA

View Full Version : shooting - Clays on sundays :-)

jonnydangerous
25-11-10, 11:26 AM
Im going shooting this sunday (shotguns), and have a spare place.
anyone wanting to join me just shout (only one spare gun tho, sorry)

PM me for details....

ta.
Jd.

Squashed_Fly
25-11-10, 11:34 AM
Oooh, that sounds interesting... pm en route

Dabz
25-11-10, 12:22 PM
I've spent far too many freezing cold sunday mornings shooting at stuff in my time I'm afraid..

ChrisJo
26-11-10, 01:00 PM
Im going shooting this sunday (shotguns), and have a spare place.
anyone wanting to join me just shout (only one spare gun tho, sorry)

PM me for details....

ta.
Jd.

Clays or other stuff??

jonnydangerous
29-11-10, 12:03 PM
oops, sorry peeps, no Tinternet over the weekend....

will arrange another trip soon :-)

Last Train
29-11-10, 12:07 PM
8-)

I'm in

Jacde
30-11-10, 12:52 AM
Yep, me too, (if not working blah blah blah) ;D

Nooj
30-11-10, 08:42 PM
Been clay shooting a few times and would be up for some more, work allowing. Is it a regular thing?

jonnydangerous
03-12-10, 03:02 PM
i can now borrow a clay trap and can give some basic tuition for clay shooting, on some land near coombe bissit (poole side of salisbury).
anyone interested can PM me....
costs will be for clays and cartridges only, no expensive fees like a clay shooting club!

thanks.

Squashed_Fly
03-12-10, 03:29 PM
Definately up for this. How much approx are the clays and carts?

Jacde
03-12-10, 04:02 PM
and a kebab for your time??? ;D
I'm interested, pm on the way

jonnydangerous
03-12-10, 04:09 PM
at a clay club, the cost is approx £11 for 25 shots....which is waaaaay too much if you ask me (oh, you did!haha)......
cartridges are approx £5-£5.50 per 25 and i think clays are approx £3 for 25, so about £8ish for 25 shots....

tuition is free tho, and we can tailor the clays to our liking, (easier or harder to hit) depending on how good i am at teaching ;-)

we need at least three people (me, one shooter, and one on the clay trap).....

i will PM Jacde with phone number and can you (Jacde) arrange with people who want to go? as i wont be on the net over the weekend.
looking to meet up at A303 "countess"services and go to coombe Bisset from there......
thanks.

Jacde
03-12-10, 04:15 PM
Um Jaydee, what day am I meant to be arranging this with people??? ::)

jonnydangerous
03-12-10, 04:27 PM
haha .... oops!

seeing as its a bit short notice...

not this sunday but the one after? 12th dec? (if its too cold to ride bikes).

liable to change tho IF its dethawed and i can go offroading....hahaha

or we could set a date for over the xmas break if more people can make that one????......

Jacde
03-12-10, 04:34 PM
Okey dokey

I can make 12 if not toooooo early as I finish night shift that morning, (though if someone is going that I can snooze in a passenger seat????? ;D ) though happy to do other dates including boxing day if that's an option.

Squashed_Fly
03-12-10, 04:38 PM
Jac, def count me in! I've just booked to go for a morning at Barbury school, but I may cancel as they want £25 for 25 shots!

Jacde
03-12-10, 04:56 PM
Ok if it's not off roading weather/ground conditions....
Sunday 12 Dec will be a learn to shoot clays day [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jaydee (my friends call me Muffin)
Squashed Fly
Jacde

virginie_morisot
03-12-10, 06:12 PM
if too icy to get on bike, might possibly be interested in this.. could be fun to try..

Jacde
03-12-10, 06:22 PM
Ok if it's not off roading weather/ground conditions....
Sunday 12 Dec will be a learn to shoot clays day

Squashed Fly
Jacde
Vivi

Squashed_Fly
03-12-10, 06:25 PM
It's good fun, just be prepared for a sore shoulder after your 1st go!

Jacde
04-12-10, 11:43 AM
Just a reminder for those who might be interested

Sunday 12th December meet at 10:00 at the services in Amesbury
Cost £8.00 or more if you want more than 25 shots (and a kebab for jaydee)
There are no facilities where jaydee is taking us so, bring food, drinks, portable toilet!

This could be cancelled if ground conditions improve as jaydee will go off roading instead.

CharleyX
04-12-10, 12:41 PM
Would like to do this too pls could someone add my name as im on my phone thankyou oh and I'm happy to drive and pick people up on way :)

Bornagain
04-12-10, 12:44 PM
Squashed Fly
Jacde
Vivi
Charley X

CharleyX
04-12-10, 01:14 PM
Thanks basil [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
06-12-10, 09:02 AM
Right, ive picked up the clay trap, and a box of clays.
cost will be about £8 for 25 shots, and keen people can have 50, 75, 100 etc...
looks like its gonna be 10 oclock at the A303 "Countess services" after all on sundau 12th :-)

Jaydee (my friends call me Muffin, but luckily i dont have any friends...)
Squashed Fly
Jacde
Vivi
Charley X

Squashed_Fly
06-12-10, 10:30 AM
Given the nature of this, I shall be driving. Anyone who wants a lift from Swindon, just let me know and we can share fuel :)

Jacde
06-12-10, 10:54 AM
I'm away for a few days and not likely to have Internet access, I'm happy for people to still pm me to arrange sharing lifts etc if that's ok with you Jaydee?

Moo
06-12-10, 10:27 PM
And me?

jonnydangerous
07-12-10, 01:15 PM
Right then, ive even managed to spoil you lot by borrowing a "beginners gun"....
actualy i just dont want you damaging mine hahaha ;-)

Squashed Fly
Jacde
Vivi
Charley X
Moo

Squashed_Fly
07-12-10, 01:19 PM
Sounds wicked - I'll need all the help I can get! lol

In terms of car space - I've def got Jacde so far, I know she is collecting the names of the lift share. I'll have an extra 3 spaces on top, the dog can go in the boot.

Mitch9128
07-12-10, 02:06 PM
I first read the thread title as "shooting-Chavs on sundays", i would have been interested :P

jonnydangerous
07-12-10, 02:53 PM
theres no "special days" for shooting chavs! you can participate all year round!!! :-)

Jacde
07-12-10, 10:27 PM
If we're shooting chavs we don't need to leave Swindon, in fact we can start on the roads where I live! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Green Man
07-12-10, 10:30 PM
If we're shooting chavs we don't need to leave Swindon, in fact we can start on the roads where I live! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Pmsl ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ryan
07-12-10, 10:51 PM
/me fluffles jaydee

spudgun
08-12-10, 01:47 PM
count me in, clays or chavs - i'll shoot either

Jacde
10-12-10, 10:19 AM
Morning folks, have added Spudgun to list, will pm you all to sort out lifts etc.
Squashed Fly
Jacde
Vivi (possibly)
Charley X
Moo
Spudgun

::) Um Rinksy 8-) does this '* Rinksy fluffles jaydee' mean your coming along too??

Squashed_Fly
10-12-10, 10:48 AM
I'm still ok to take people in my car. If they can contribute a bit towards to the fuel, or pay for my shooting between whoever comes that would be fab :) If I take 4 people, would £3 each be ok?

Squashed_Fly
10-12-10, 11:57 AM
Just had a thought, as we'll be missing the monthly rideout to go shooting, do any of the other shooters fancy a ride tomorrow, assuming the temperatures rise? I'm going out at lunchtime today to see what the roads feel like, but it's meant to get up to 7 degrees tomorrow so should be fine...

ro
10-12-10, 04:04 PM
I've been back riding yesterday and today and the roads around Swindon are clear. If you want something to do on Saturday, there's the treasure hunt in Bath, or you could just come along for the ride. I'll be going over in the morning but haven't quite worked out when yet.

Squashed_Fly
10-12-10, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I went out for an hour at lunchtime and it was fine. May have a look at the treasure hunt thing. Will PM you if I'm coming

Jacde
12-12-10, 05:39 PM
Absolutely brilliant day shooting, thank you heaps Jaydee for providing guns, instruction and encouragement ;D
Irene, Aidan, Moo and myself all had shots on target, some more than others :D
When can we do it again??? ;D

spudgun
12-12-10, 06:39 PM
sorry i missed it

put me down for next time if you go again :)

Jacde
12-12-10, 07:29 PM
Aww Spudgun, was a brilliant day, and weather was fab too, hope your son is feeling better, Jaydee was a brave little soldier and rose from his sick bed to take us [smiley=thumbsup.gif] what a good lad.
Will pop some pics up in a bit.

Squashed_Fly
12-12-10, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I'd just like to second the thanks. When I hit 2 out of the 1st 5 dhots, I thought I was going to do quite well. Then it went downhill from there. I blame it on the injury sustained by the clay trap (which still bloody hurts!).

Fab day, and can't wait to do it again. Jaydee was a very good (and patient) teacher :)

Moo
12-12-10, 09:19 PM
Cheers JD loved the Beretta, excellent day out in the Fresh Air hopefully will get a chance to do it again. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Countess Services - hate the bloody place!! Last time I was there on my bike I got a puncture and got one in my car today. Changing the wheel on the A303 in the dark is not my idea of fun. :'( :'(

CharleyX
12-12-10, 11:45 PM
Well it's all been said I think, can only add my appreciation to JD :)what a star you are dragging your sick butt out of bed, sure it helped that man flu!!!
We had fantastic weather even enjoyed the hike, just glad i didn't have to carry the clays :D
Cheers guy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Squashed_Fly
13-12-10, 09:06 AM
That's why I dropped and broke half of them - they were too heavy! lol

jonnydangerous
13-12-10, 10:15 AM
cheers guys and gals, was a brill day with everyone shooting at least one type of target perticularly well.
next will be a trip to a proper clay shooting ground, where i think youll all do quite well.
was a fun day. thanks

:-)