PDA

View Full Version : Any other guitartists/singers/drummers etc here?

Squashed_Fly
13-12-10, 12:21 PM
If anyone ever fancies a jamming session, I'd be up for it. I sing and play guitar (currently got 2 acoustics and looking for a semi nylon strung), and have played drums and guitars in bands in the past. One day, I hope to own another Gibson les Paul as well. Sold my last one to fund my DJing way back, but now I've retired from that I want to get back into playing guitar again with other peeps.

Who knows, perhaps we could put something together for a night at the polebarn? Basil did suggest something along those lines.... I don't mind putting a provisional set list of songs together we could practice...

Nelly
13-12-10, 12:24 PM
I play drums ! But aint got any at the moment though. That might change though (dont tell Lou), been known to make a racket on guitar and bass as well [smiley=thumbsup.gif] :)

Squashed_Fly
13-12-10, 12:26 PM
Well I'm making enquiries at the moment about getting an electric guitar so maybe in the new year we could think about doing something...

Dabz
13-12-10, 01:34 PM
I've played the guitar for about 16 years :) Just to annoy you I have a Gibson Les Paul too as part of my varied collection!

Gerry
13-12-10, 02:09 PM
Wiltshire Bikers Group ?

I'm in [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff325/Simpsons1979/Fuel/IMG_5818.jpg

Sapphire
13-12-10, 03:09 PM
I've played the guitar for about 16 years :) Just to annoy you I have a Gibson Les Paul too as part of my varied collection!

Well I have a Gibson Les Paul copy which I picked up for £99.00 some years back. If you're like me you can't tell the difference! ;D

BladeTriple
13-12-10, 04:49 PM
I have an epiphone Les Paul Jr with a Marshall Amp (all I need it to be able to play the thing now ) brought back from Canada and a Tahoma acoustic that I got in Orlando , both sound really sweet , just need much more practice :-(

Only Jamming I've done in ages is of radio waves !

Toph
13-12-10, 06:56 PM
I used to play drums in various local bands in the early eighties, mostly playing pubs, clubs etc, 8-)
sadly, I sold my kit many years ago. :(

Dabz
13-12-10, 06:59 PM
I sold my drum kit to fund my old track car :/

Davey
13-12-10, 07:03 PM
If you want jamming and free play get down to the office (by foxies) they have them every wednesday and the 12 bar do them too. A guy called Matt Chipperfield does a lot for them and always getting groups up.

Oh yeah and I also have a Les Paul and SG :P

Taylor86
13-12-10, 09:02 PM
I sing a bit, for those that don't know me well ;)
I'm not the best at impromptu jamming, but could be a giggle to have a go!

Also, the two guitarists in my band have Les Pauls, so if they ever want to sell them I'll let you know, Squashed Fly!! It's unlikely though, they adore theirs...

Dabz
13-12-10, 09:24 PM
so they should - best guitar ever :P I'd never get rid of mine

Green Man
13-12-10, 09:32 PM
I can play the triangle !! Just ??????? :D :D ;D

Squashed_Fly
13-12-10, 09:33 PM
They are pretty damn fine. If I had my way, I'd have the lot - Les Paul, Explorer and flying V! I never really got on with the SG tho for some reason...

I will own them all again, just get the bike paid off first! 1 big purchase at a time :)

Taylor86
14-12-10, 12:30 AM
I can play the triangle !! Just ??????? :D :D ;D

Thought you played the horn on your bike when you see something you liked :P

Bornagain
14-12-10, 11:12 AM
Blinkin Nora guys, bring ya instruments down on a Friday and get some jamming on the go. V-Mix is handy with the guitar as well.

Love it [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
14-12-10, 11:46 AM
I can be a back up dancer [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Squashed_Fly
14-12-10, 12:06 PM
I'll bring the pole! :D

Nico_babe
14-12-10, 12:12 PM
I'll bring the pole! :D

Ah squashed fly is on the pole everyone !!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Squashed_Fly
14-12-10, 12:15 PM
Lol, that would be a hideous sight for all! I'll start that at the end of the night, when Basil wants everyone to leave!

bubblylittleme
14-12-10, 04:55 PM
I play the guitar and try to sing.... love jamming sessions!
Wish I had a great guitar but bought the only acoustic / electric I could afford lol
I do have a spanish guitar too from my childhood days of playing.

Nooj
18-12-10, 09:20 PM
I spent 15 years in and out of various bands, Have a Takemine 12 string acoustic, a Washburn electro acoustic (would love a Taylor) and a Telecaster (Proper Fender one) and a Fender Hotrod amp. Also play Bass, only got a crappy Aria Pro III and no amp, though would love Rickenbaker 4001 and an Ashdown rig.

Toph
18-12-10, 10:06 PM
When I played drums I had a Slingerland Jazz kit, with two floor toms , Zildian 16 and 18 inch crash cymbals and a 22 inch zildian ride cymbal, I used Paiste soundedge Hi hat's coz I loved the sizzle they gave.
I sold the kit to pickwick studios in Corsham for their recording kit, worst decision I ever made, I sold the kit to pay for a Triumph Spitfire I fell in love with!
I would love to play again, but couldn't afford it!!