PDA

View Full Version : Road tax

Richzx10r
19-12-10, 01:44 PM
As my car is currently reading -6 at mid day id like to know what part of global warming this is.Having just seen a weather report saying this is due to last till the end of jan am i going to get a refund on my £425 road tax?
Cant believe we are subjected to this total nonsene.I havent seen any evidence of global warming where i live yet i pay through the nose to fight it.Whilst my government gives China £18 billion(yes billion)to help them fight climate change(wonder how they afford that?)When they are opening coal powered power stations alomost monthly.Thought they werent good for the climate?
Rant over :)

R1chie
19-12-10, 01:58 PM
But apart from that you're alright yeah?

Dabz
19-12-10, 02:11 PM
Global warming doesn't literally mean "it's gonna be warmer" ffs, this coldness is due to the air flows being disrupted, which in this case has blasted us with arctic winds.

It's a pet hate of mine when people say "it's cold..so much foe global warming"

Richzx10r
19-12-10, 02:20 PM
Thought the clue was in the description.And that's what we are told.It doesn't mean it going to get warmer,it can be used either way so they can justify road tax prices.Ffs,lol.

redken1
19-12-10, 03:13 PM
That seems alot of money. What vehicile you driving Rich?

Squashed_Fly
19-12-10, 04:32 PM
Perhaps you need a smaller tank? ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

wiltshire builders
19-12-10, 07:06 PM
Ahhh thats why they don't use the term global warming any more. It's now called climate change. Same bull****, different name.

We are literally a speck in the time line of the earth. When man first lived on earth it was so cold that the area around north Africa was the only place that was habitable. Then the earth warmed. Either neanderthal man had invented fosil fuel power stations or thats just what the earth does. Just like the drugs debate, people have been sacked for claming climate change is not induced by man, one of them was David Ballamy!

Richzx10r
19-12-10, 08:29 PM
I have watched several programs arguing both corners.One said that the earths climate moves in cycles throughout time,saying that in the 18th century the earths average temp was equal to that of current times.Getting cooler than increasing to what it is now a day.Dont get me wrong,i dont think we humans are helping the matter.But,there has to be other ways to approach the issue.
Anyway,wiltshire builders,love the comment [smiley=thumbsup.gif].
And redken i have a bmw

Squashed_Fly
19-12-10, 08:51 PM
Lol, we need a 'rants and debates' section for those of us that enjoy a well put argument, and like to vent frustrations!

Richzx10r
19-12-10, 08:52 PM
Most defiantely :)

Jon_W
21-12-10, 07:58 AM
Most defiantely :)

Absolutely Not!!!! :D ;D

Hunar
21-12-10, 01:21 PM
Lol, we need a 'rants and debates' section for those of us that enjoy a well put argument, and like to vent frustrations!

I like that idea!

I like a good debate, but these days no one tends to be interested!

Beamer
21-12-10, 02:44 PM
I think its a good idea, especially if everyone taking part is aware of its nature and doesnt get upset about things.....some people are more sensitive than others and could take things to heart... Im one of those saddo's that worries about people taking offenceand getting upset (hence my earlier post on another thread)....those of you who know me pretty well know what Im like and always like to keep the peace and i dont like to think that people might possibly get hurt by what someone esle has said.....I cant help it, its the way Im made....but in saying that Im well aware some people love debating and really enjoy it (no harm in that at all...its differences in people that make every one of us special)

Im one who likes to share the lurve and keep everyone happy ....impossible maybe but its always worth trying hehe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Squashed_Fly
21-12-10, 02:48 PM
It's not impossible! But it is good to hear different peoples opinions on things, as sometimes somthing someone else says or thinks can help to mould and shape your own ideas.

Beamer
21-12-10, 02:55 PM
Agreed !! hehehe ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
21-12-10, 03:21 PM
As my car is currently reading -6 at mid day id like to know what part of global warming this is.Having just seen a weather report saying this is due to last till the end of jan am i going to get a refund on my £425 road tax?
Cant believe we are subjected to this total nonsene.I havent seen any evidence of global warming where i live yet i pay through the nose to fight it.Whilst my government gives China £18 billion(yes billion)to help them fight climate change(wonder how they afford that?)When they are opening coal powered power stations alomost monthly.Thought they werent good for the climate?
Rant over :)

What grated me was when I went to London... had to pay congestion charge in the mini (a proper one) whilst the f***ing great Lexus 4x4 next to me was exempt....

... I ask you,

My mini does 40+mpg, has a catalytic converter and pisses the emissions tests. The Lexus is a 35mpg 4x4 and it gets in for free. Now a guy in france called Lavoisier prooved the principle of convervation of mass over 300 years ago. What goes in must come out, so a car consuming more fuel per mile must give out more gas. Simple.

No.

Becaue it is a "hybrid", it is greener?? Has physics had it wrong for all these years?? Or does this make no enviromental sense at all.... and is just a stick to beat us who cannot afford "green" car with....

Grrrrrrrrr >:(

redken1
21-12-10, 05:57 PM

I like that idea!

I am always up for a sensible debate and enjoy reading your comments Hunar. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hunar
21-12-10, 06:16 PM

I like that idea!

I am always up for a sensible debate and enjoy reading your comments Hunar. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hehe, well we can put the idea to Dabz, but I'm not sure it will work. As Tina mentioned some people may take it personally, I think the reason for that is they confuse debate with argument.