PDA

View Full Version : "Very Annoying Tax"

redken1
05-01-11, 07:32 PM
I see that the "Very Annoying Tax" has risen to 20 per cent. A new Fazer thou will now cost an additional £262.50. It will be interesting to see what inpact the rise will have on new motorcycle sales in the forthcoming months. >:(

Mitch9128
05-01-11, 07:43 PM
I see that the "Very Annoying Tax" has risen to 20 per cent. A new Fazer thou will now cost an additional £262.50. It will be interesting to see what inpact the rise will have on new motorcycle sales in the forthcoming months. >:(

Yams are always overpriced anyway. Even if you could afford one, you wouldn't be able to ride it, 5p on a litre overnight!

Thorkill_The_Tall
05-01-11, 08:41 PM
Anyone old enough to still think in Imperial will realise that means an increase of over 20p a gallon in one go.

Anyone old enough to think in Imperial will also remember when the Conservatives tried a budget increase of just 10p a gallon back in the early 80's and had the rise rejected by a commons vote, despite having a huge majority.
Not a squeak this time - from anyone!

The British deserve everything they get.
Not only do we always dutifully bend over, we even supply the tub of Vaseline these days.

Uber Dave
05-01-11, 08:55 PM

Yams are always overpriced anyway. Even if you could afford one, you wouldn't be able to ride it, 5p on a litre overnight!

Dont get me started on fuel costs. I get fuel paid for work, but they cut the allowance in April and since then my 50mile round trip which they make me do is costing me a LOT now the fuel has flown up..... Sooner the weather gets better and I can use the R6 for work the better as that sups less juice than the car does if I keep the revs down and under the power band!