PDA

View Full Version : Travelling to Ireland

allantheboss
06-01-11, 12:45 AM
Hello brethren! I plan on travelling to Kildare (via Dublin port) for Oxegen Festival, 6th-11th July with some friends (and .orgers if anybody's up for it!), but all the ferries seem to be about £300 return with a car.

We'd ideally take a car, but can bike it to save money, or even public transport to save considerably more. Can anybody recommend any methods?

For anybody who is planning on saying "Swim":

"Hahahahaha".

There, saved you the hassle.

Mitch9128
06-01-11, 06:46 AM
Stranraer is probably cheaper, then drive down from Belfast. Although i flew to Belfast last September for £60 return with Easyjet, although that's Belfast int not George Best.

Scotty
06-01-11, 11:22 PM
Might be worth checking an outfit like Nutt Travel to see what they can offer (if anything) - Travelling by car? Shame, as if going by bike you could have had a nice ride through Wales to either Holyhead or Fishguard

Jacde
07-01-11, 04:57 AM
As Scotty said plus there is also Pembroke Dock to Fishguard which is Irish ferries and not much longer sailing than Fishguard which is Stenaline. The time you're travelling Stenaline do a seacat from Fishguard to Rosslare.
Rosslare to Kildare is only about 65 miles.
Aer lingus is starting a service from Bristol to Dublin and there is also ryanair, I think there is a shuttle bus laid on from airport to festival, but best check! :)