PDA

View Full Version : Cats and their toffee.

Mitch9128
04-01-11, 04:58 PM
Spent 30 minutes going round the garden, front and back today, picking up cat poop. One certain spot in the back garden right in front of the cycle shed, and ALL the borders. I must have tried everything, sonic scarers, lion poop, pepper, all manner of gels and powders, none seems to work. So stop me buying Jaydee's air rifle in the non bike tat for sales, and help me stop these wretched vermin >:( Are there any plants they hate?

wiltshire builders
04-01-11, 05:12 PM
Mitch, I feel your pain. It might not do the plants any good but on my gravel I use white spirit. They seem to hate it.
The air rifle is probably your best option but use it on the owners. The cat doesn't know any better.

Bonnielass
04-01-11, 05:24 PM
You may have tried it but I'm told moth balls work. (Waiting for all the wise cracks!! ;D)

Uber Dave
04-01-11, 05:24 PM
I dont see a very accepting post from one member of these forums on this thread :-P

Scotty
04-01-11, 06:09 PM
Could be that your garden is a disputed territorial border and leaving t*rds around is a very prominent way of marking it, instead of burying them like they do normally...
Either that, or there's a really dim cat around, a bit like the Rag-doll I had a couple of years ago that didn't know any better and crapped all over my lawn - I just loved clearing that up before using the lawnmower... >:( Fortunately Star found someone to take him and he's been re-homed, their problem now ;D ;D ;D (I don't think the new owners came from Chippenham, but they may have moved... ;))

Nelly
04-01-11, 06:12 PM
Must be a nam thing then ... :(
My paintball gun dont even scare them anymore! ;)

Scaredy_Cat
04-01-11, 06:16 PM
Don't know about plants as a deterrent, but I have found that having two big dogs works for keeping them away from my garden - you can borrow them if you like. ;D

smellygerm
04-01-11, 07:21 PM
You need to get a Manx cat they don't **** in their own garden and their as tough as my foreskin .ps some one shot one of my cats once so I shat in his garden but then he shot me ;D ;D

Beamer
04-01-11, 07:22 PM
lmao @ smelly....god you crack me up hehehe ;D ;D ;D

BB
04-01-11, 08:44 PM
The ground has been a bit hard to bury stuff recently, also the damn snow melted so uncovered anything my two had attempted to bury!

I always try & keep bits of the garden raked loose so they can use that but I'm sure I'm assisting a couple of other local moggys too. :o

BB

BladeTriple
04-01-11, 09:24 PM
Robert Dyas sell , now don't laugh, Lion Poo. It's supposed to keep small cats away as the scent of something that big will keep the little tigers at bay... Worth a go I suppose

Mitch9128
04-01-11, 10:26 PM
Robert Dyas sell , now don't laugh, Lion Poo. It's supposed to keep small cats away as the scent of something that big will keep the little tigers at bay... Worth a go I suppose

Tried it, it's marketed as fertiliser, they're not allowed to market it as cat repellent or somesuch...doesn't work. The one thing i have used years ago, in an old house with a rambling garden, was a tin of creasote smelling repellant provided by the council to get rid of a den of foxes down the bottom of the garden, buggered if i can remember what it was.

Taylor86
04-01-11, 11:06 PM
One way to stop cats crapping in your garden? Get a cat ;) lol
The territorial battle will keep other cats away, and your own wouldn't like to s**t on their own doorstep either.

Not very useful advise I know, but it's true!

wiltshire builders
04-01-11, 11:20 PM
The territorial battle will keep other cats away, and your own wouldn't like to s**t on their own doorstep either.

Doesn't work either. My girlfriend has a cat and a garden full of cat ****. You also have to put up with owning a bloody cat!

Taylor86
04-01-11, 11:23 PM

Doesn't work either. My girlfriend has a cat and a garden full of cat ****. You also have to put up with owning a bloody cat!

Maybe your cat is offering your garden up as a litter tray in exchange for catnip from the other cats? :)
Honestly, that does suck. My gardens never got a drop in it anymore...

wiltshire builders
04-01-11, 11:37 PM

Maybe your cat is offering your garden up as a litter tray in exchange for catnip from the other cats? :)
Woah woah woah, it's not MY cat......but you could be right. It's always fighting the other cats too. Perhaps instead of the Lion manure we should just get a Lion. Or we could swap cats?

Taylor86
04-01-11, 11:41 PM

Woah woah woah, it's not MY cat......but you could be right. It's always fighting the other cats too. Perhaps instead of the Lion manure we should just get a Lion. Or we could swap cats?

Not on your nelly!!! My two are adorable and excellent hot water bottles :)
A lion would be fun though, so long as your back garden had a reaaaaallllly big fence... lol

ro
05-01-11, 01:08 AM
Perhaps the Scarecrow (http://www.deteracat.co.uk/scarecrow_water_jet_pack.htm) might be what you need - it's a motion-sensitive water spray. Should be fun watching it work too! I've never used one, but it has lots of positive reviews on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Contech-Electronics-CRO101-Scarecrow-Motion-Activated/dp/B000071NUS).

Jon_W
05-01-11, 08:10 AM
Best answer is to get a cat!! Will never cr*p in it's own garden, and scares all the other cats off.

BB
05-01-11, 11:55 AM
That doesn't necessarily work Jon, I got two and they use our garden and next doors as we have the only dug bits for several houses in either direction!

BB

Jon_W
05-01-11, 12:02 PM
You need a tom cat...... a good fighter!!!

Nokesy
05-01-11, 04:53 PM
Not only do the whole neighbourhood cats crap in my garden, they all come in and eat my cat (Bob's) food too! Some mornings I come down and find next door's cat asleep on the sofa! ;D Bob does absolutely nothing to stop them either :(

Jacde
05-01-11, 05:41 PM
Gemma at least you don't wake to find the cats asleep on your bed! ;D
I have 2 tom cats and have no cat poo or other cats in my garden. 1 cats fights the other one shags the neighbourhood cats. ::)

Mitch9128
06-01-11, 09:47 AM
Do i really need to get a cat? What if i pee and dump in my own borders, surely the smell of a fat northern pisshead will scare them away?

Nelly
06-01-11, 12:13 PM
Best answer is to get a cat!! Will never cr*p in it's own garden, and scares all the other cats off.

You aint met our cat. Bloody thing is a bit of a pussy. Lets everyman and their dog cat in our place :)

Nokesy
06-01-11, 05:51 PM
Gemma at least you don't wake to find the cats asleep on your bed! ;D

It's strange you say that - last night when I was just drifting off I heard a non-Bob miaow - the very cheeky next door neighbours cat was attempting to sleep on the bed ;D I'm not sure whether Bob or I won in getting rid of him but she actually, for once, showed a bit of territorial spirit! :)

BB
06-01-11, 07:57 PM
Do i really need to get a cat? What if i pee and dump in my own borders, surely the smell of a fat northern pisshead will scare them away?

Would keep me away! :o ;D

BB

Loops
06-01-11, 08:55 PM
So is there anything that does actually work?

I got bulbs for christmas which need planting out, but as soon as I do dig over my flower beds the cats dig up the nicely smooth earth to use as the local WC ::)

wiltshire builders
06-01-11, 11:00 PM
So is there anything that does actually work?

I got bulbs for christmas which need planting out, but as soon as I do dig over my flower beds the cats dig up the nicely smooth earth to use as the local WC ::)
First off, sorry to hear about the Christmas prezzie. Did you manage to look pleased?

I've got a sonic cat scarer that is pretty good. I do hit the odd "landmine" when mowing the lawn but it's not as bad as it was.

Loops
07-01-11, 05:58 PM
First off, sorry to hear about the Christmas prezzie. Did you manage to look pleased?

I've got a sonic cat scarer that is pretty good. I do hit the odd "landmine" when mowing the lawn but it's not as bad as it was.

Actually I did - I wanted more flowers for my front garden 8-)

I think I've come across the sonic scarers before - can you hear them yourself? I used to walk past a garden that always beeped (at a very high pitch) and it drove me nuts...I always assumed it was one of these sonic scarers.

Caz
11-01-11, 07:18 PM
My cat only goes in the cat litter tray but I have heard that if you get the cat wet it might deter it so have you got a water pistol ;D

Jon_W
12-01-11, 08:01 AM
Am not a fan of using the water pistols on cats. Some a so powerful that they hurt the cat.

We have a water sprayer which does the job (get's the cat wet) without hurting them.

Mitch9128
12-01-11, 08:28 AM
Am not a fan of using the water pistols on cats. Some a so powerful that they hurt the cat.

We have a water sprayer which does the job (get's the cat wet) without hurting them.

You kidding?
If my kids get cat **** in their eyes, they could go blind.

Jon_W
12-01-11, 03:13 PM

You kidding?
If my kids get cat **** in their eyes, they could go blind.

No.

Cannot condone cruelty.

Cats hate water. Getting them wet is enough. Some morons seem to thing you have to shoot them in the face. Is cruel and unnessisary.

Scotty
12-01-11, 05:38 PM
You aint met our cat. Bloody thing is a bit of a pussy....
You don't say.....? :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Flying Half-Dutchman
12-01-11, 10:36 PM
I tried one of those sonic cat scarer's on my neighbour's cat. The first time it spun round and gave me a really dirty look. And after that it totally ignored it. Useless.

Morticia
13-01-11, 03:51 PM
Thought of getting a dog?

Mitch9128
13-01-11, 03:58 PM
Thought of getting a dog?

Don't get me started on Dog toffee, the streets of Chippenham are covered >:(