PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Spices, Bath

Gerry
21-01-11, 03:10 PM
Big load of us (non bikers) went to a new place in Bath last night for a meal, Jimmy Spices in the new buildings in Dorchester Street, http://www.jimmyspices.co.uk/

Really great place to eat. It’s a very big buffet (£15.99) and includes Indian, Chinese, Mexican, Greek & Italian food. Some if it cooked in front of you (nan breads, fajitas, stir fry’s etc) and all really tasty.

The Indian stuff was really nice and the chocolate fountain much fun ;D

It’s a bit like the “all you care to eat” places in the States, as they keep pinching your plate and you simply grab a clean one and go round again.

No good for a romantic place to eat, but for a crowd of you or a party it’s brill.

I didn’t know, but there’s also a big new underground car park too which is nice as the spaces are bigger than the usual Smart car size you get most places.

Recommended…

Gerry :)

Hazel-nut
21-01-11, 04:32 PM
that sounds good! i love an all you can eat ;D

Robf
21-01-11, 04:41 PM
There's a place in Swindon called Cosmo's which is similar but it's only oriental food, and stakes. think it's 12.99 all you can eat for dinner.

But that place sounds good Gerry, might have to try it some time =)

Mitch9128
21-01-11, 04:55 PM
I like the sound of that...Bastid diet :(

Squashed_Fly
21-01-11, 04:56 PM
*Drools

Scotty
21-01-11, 05:07 PM
.... it's only oriental food, and stakes....
Is that in case of vampires?? :-? Star and I were there last Friday and too busy stuffing ourselves with top notch Sushi and Chinese to see any lurking in the shadows... ;)
One thing we did notice was how dead the town centre was for a Friday night when we left at 21.30... unless the locals knew about the vampires and were staying at home.... :o

Robf
21-01-11, 05:09 PM
trust me and my spelling mistakes.

Stakes=steaks

Thought the spelling looked strange...

bobf279
21-01-11, 05:22 PM
Thats ma boy ;D

Gerry
21-01-11, 05:36 PM

Stakes=steaks

Don't worry, everybody makes misteakes ;D

Robf
21-01-11, 06:15 PM

Stakes=steaks

Don't worry, everybody makes misteakes ;D

Ha ha good one Gerry :)

Taylor86
23-01-11, 02:44 PM
I've been to the Jimmy Spices in Birmingham, and the food there was brilliant too :)
Nice to know there's one a tad closer... next one should open in Swindon! ;D

BladeTriple
24-01-11, 07:50 AM
'All You Can Eat' to us lot isn't an offer ..... ITS A CHALLENGE!!! ;D

Bonnielass
24-01-11, 08:30 AM
Went there on Saturday for my nephews birthday, very good and very busy! :D

Dabz
24-01-11, 09:03 AM
sounds good, must organise a meal there sometime!

Gerry
24-01-11, 01:20 PM

It tickled me that when we first went to the States the signs for breakfasts were mainly "All You Can Eat" but when we went a few years later, most had changed to "All You Care To Eat" - sounds a little less gluttonous and a little more charming ;D

Being a Yorkshireman, it always makes me mad that I can't eat 37 platefulls and really get my moneys worth, but nowdays two modest ones and a bit of pud and I'm done :-?

G

Loops
24-01-11, 06:23 PM

Wiltshire Bikers night out? ;)

Moo
25-01-11, 05:57 PM

Wiltshire Bikers night out? ;)
A challenge and a plan all in message!! I say bring it on :-) But I'm supposed to be on a diet :-(

Loops
25-01-11, 09:04 PM
Diet starts the day after ;D

Nooj
26-01-11, 01:04 AM
Indian, Chinese, Mexican and Italian all-you-can-eat buffet? Sounds like my kitchen, keep going until either we explode through being stuffed or the fridge implodes from the food leaving it so quickly :D

Jacde
26-01-11, 01:38 PM
I'm hungry, when are we going?

Squashed_Fly
26-01-11, 03:05 PM
Diet starts the day after ;D

I've been on a diet for years - it's the 'eat what you like, when you like, supplement it with beer & wine and bugger the consequences' diet.

I genuinely feel now as if I've worked hard for every pound I've put on! Plus I've never been left unsatisfied by what I've eaten. It works even better if you live withing walking distance of any fast food restaurants (I use the word loosely!)