PDA

View Full Version : Great Pub Lunch...romantic even?

Mitch9128
27-01-11, 06:03 PM
Kids are all at school, we're both not working, so where's great, romantic even, to take the long haired General for lunch tomorrow? Not too far from Chippenham, and no grubby biker pubs please ;)

R1chie
27-01-11, 06:07 PM
http://www.tollgateholt.co.uk/

Beamer
27-01-11, 06:08 PM
Harp n Crown at Gastard....great food and great service and to top it all off they have a really good lunch menu.... we went there for my birthday and it was lovely.....ok so Smelly and Alli run the place but even if I didnt know them I'd still recommend it ;D ;D ;D
P.S. It may be the bike meet pub but it is no 'grubby biker pub' :) :) :)

Green Man
27-01-11, 06:32 PM
Harp n Crown at Gastard....great food and great service and to top it all off they have a really good lunch menu.... we went there for my birthday and it was lovely.....ok so Smelly and Alli run the place but even if I didnt know them I'd still recommend it ;D ;D ;D

I have to agree with Tina excellent food and a very well priced and grate hosts [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry
27-01-11, 06:42 PM

Agreed, I've fond (romantic) memories of the H&C, great place.
Can't remember if they have a big real fire though !

G

R1chie
27-01-11, 06:52 PM
http://www.tollgateholt.co.uk/

Oh yeah...and the Harp and Crown :-[

smellygerm
27-01-11, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the big ups guys we do appreciate it WBs are always welcome

Mitch9128
27-01-11, 08:02 PM
Saw Richies reply and reserved a table at the Tollgate, will definately try the Harp&Crown next time, cheers all.

Squashed_Fly
27-01-11, 09:17 PM
Harp n Crown at Gastard

I heard the landlord was a "bit suspect"??? ;) ;) ;D

Mitch9128
28-01-11, 02:01 PM
7/10, was ok, nice food, but dead in there. Wouldn't go again, what's the menu in the H&C then? :)

BladeTriple
28-01-11, 03:31 PM
The Bell not far from Westbury on the A36 is nice , a bit of a gastro pub, it may be a bit far for you to go but the food is really good we had an anniversary dinner there last year well worth a look if you want to stray a bit further :)

HensonA
28-01-11, 04:00 PM
The Bell in Lacock does very good food and always has guest real ales.

Mitch9128
28-01-11, 05:05 PM
Yep agree done Lacock loads, Westbury is fine distance wise, ta folks.