PDA

View Full Version : Operation date at last!

jonnydangerous
20-01-11, 01:01 PM
Woohoo...
after being knocked off my bike a year and a half ago, i FINALLY have a date for my last (hopefully) op to put some "part worn, pre owned" ligaments into my left knee (i only have one! ligament, not left knee, although i only have one left knee too!)............and also some plastic surgery to make the "back muscle" that they put into my leg "fit a bit better" and look a bit more like a leg.....
so will be out of action in approx 3 or 4 weeks time :-(

so ....there will be a GSXR thou, and a WR250f going spare....only joking! do you think ive gone mad???hahaha.......

well, when youre out and about, just spare a thought, as im gonna be off the bikes for about three months :-(
yes, you can text me and tell me how good it is if you like (you will anyway)...hahaha.....

have fun, ride safe, see you out there in about 3 or 4 months.

Scotty
20-01-11, 01:40 PM
Which hospital will you be in? When you're recuperating post-op, we can come in and tell you what a great time we've had off-roading and maybe show you photos. We could also bring grapes and chocolate no, sod that, kebabs, and eat them for you ;) ;D ;D ;D

Iceman
20-01-11, 01:58 PM
....here's wishing you well on the road to a complete recovery! ;)

Jacde
20-01-11, 02:01 PM
Aww good luck with the op muffin
Yep tell us where you are and we can come and kidnap you and take you for a kebab, I'm not mean like Scotty who has no intention of sharing his kebab with you, I on the other hand have no intention of eating a kebab so you're welcome to mine.

jonnydangerous
20-01-11, 02:10 PM
goin private, so its all kebab inclusive, but thanks for the offer... ;-)

Jacde
20-01-11, 02:38 PM
Oooh a better class of part worn /used ligaments then! ;)

Squashed_Fly
20-01-11, 02:58 PM
Hope all goes well matey :)

Nokesy
20-01-11, 04:01 PM
Private treatment for Muffin eh?! Bet you're glad it's the final op after all this time. Well, I hope the surgeons do a top job and fix you up good and proper so you can get out on your bike(s) in the summer with us all :) Sure you don't want anyone to 'look after' them in your absence?!!! ;D

Robf
20-01-11, 04:01 PM
hope it all goes well, see you in 3-4 months

Nico_babe
20-01-11, 04:18 PM
Can we visit you in the hospital?

Bonnielass
20-01-11, 05:02 PM
Good luck Jaydee with the op, hope all goes well, at least you're having it done now, you'll be back on the bike well in time for the summer!! :)

Nelly
20-01-11, 05:17 PM
Good luck Jaydee with the op, hope all goes well, at least you're having it done now, you'll be back on the bike well in time for the summer!! :)

Knowing you, you'll be back oout in about 4 days and customising some or other skip to make it rideable.
Take it easy fella ! 8-)

Beamer
20-01-11, 06:02 PM
hey thats given me a great idea......March's official monthly ride-out is to Tidworth.. to visit our 'brother in need' hehehe......we can make our own cuppa's and bring lots of 'fast' food for ya (and us).......but do you think you can cope hehe ?? :D :D :D

I shall even find someone to dress up as a nurse for you.......Amante and Ryan spring to mind hehehe :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good luck n hope you have an extremely speedy recovery me ol' fruit xx ;D ;D ;D

Bornagain
20-01-11, 06:07 PM
When's your last off roading session? We might as well brake a few more bones seeing as ya heading into hosptial anyway!!!
The last time i visited a broken buddy in hospital i took him a pack of Lard and a tin of cat food. I'll start working on my "red cross" parcel now....you wont go without ;D ;D ;D

redken1
20-01-11, 07:39 PM
Good luck Jaydee hope all goes well.

BB
20-01-11, 08:45 PM
Hope all goes smoothly for you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Caz
20-01-11, 09:02 PM
Good luck with the op and convalescence, see you in the summer [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

tracey_c
20-01-11, 09:25 PM
Good luck with the op,i had a load of metal work put in my lower spine end of july 2010 missed all the summer/autumn ride outs and events :'( 5 months off work still not lorry driving yet, went out on the bike for the 1st time on the imber run it was fantastic to get back on the bike :).enjoy the recuperation it will be worth it in the long run see you on a ride out late spring [smiley=thumbsup.gif].

nobby
20-01-11, 09:31 PM
SORRY :-[it was nobby not lady z :-[ i was logged on in my missus account not mine, she was my ever shining nurse as always :)

Roxy
20-01-11, 09:59 PM
Off bikes for about 3 or 4 months???? they obviously don't know what you are like! :D

They said you wouldn't ride a bike for a year when you had the accident (or ever again if your doc is anything like my dad's) and I seem to remember it was only a few months before you were riding so I will expect you at my place of work begging for some scrap to alter the bike for you to ride again!

Hope it all goes well and according to plan and they make your leg look like a leg and not porkbelly! (I'm sure mr private will have the botox etc ready!) ;D

Take it easy jd,

Roxy ;)

Jon_W
24-01-11, 11:17 AM
Good luck JD and get well soon.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bikermouse
28-01-11, 06:32 PM
Wishing you well JD. If there's anyone who can overcome the medical hurdles you've had placed before you, it's you. Hope to see you real soon. kj and Paul

Col
31-01-11, 01:13 AM
All the best JD and take some advantage of all the perks in private :D