PDA

View Full Version : moving house

NiteW4tcher
28-01-11, 07:06 PM
hey

i have finally sold my house. took a large drop on asking price but hey its sold and the ex will be outta my life.

so im looking to move into the andover area, we looked @ renting but i had a heart attack when i was presented with a upfront fees of £2300 to move into rented house.

we have a dog and 2 lizards and finding a landlord that accepts pets is near on impossible.

and the few we can find want ridiculos deposits + up the rent per month....thats taking the piss, either take a larger deposit to cover pets OR higher rent not both.

on the buying front there are a few places....we went to see one today in gallahad close andover.

the budget is £110-115k :( dont get alot lol

the houses are nice enough but they lack outside space and i want a garage or the bike lives in the 2nd bedroom lol

hopefully the completion of the sale of my property will be swift around 4-5 weeks from now.

then i have to see my mortgage man and go through all that then find a property in my budget etc etc etc

i have a headache already ;D

i know i want more than i can afford :( i dont want to have to keep my bike under a cover outside :'(

guess i can buy a heavy duty shed??

moving = stress lol

Dan

Loops
28-01-11, 07:54 PM
I don't envy you - I moved house last December into my first place and that was stressful enough even with my mum weighing in and helping me out!

You can buy little sheds for motorbikes I'm sure, good if you can't get much outdoor space :)

Good luck finding the perfect place though!

Scaredy_Cat
28-01-11, 08:08 PM
Good luck with your search. I will unfortunately be in a similar situation soon - trying to find rental properties where the landlord allows pets isn't easy! :(

mcicy
29-01-11, 08:40 AM
Moving house is a killer did it early last year and had to cope with people who kept pushing back dates and a wife who had never been part of a house sale before so she kept talking it all personally, way to much stress for what should be a simple transaction

Nelly
29-01-11, 08:43 AM
Major Stress. Feel for ya. Been throuh it many times and no matter how simple the transaction, you always end up wanting to kill.
I hae banned Mrs H from even looking in estate agents windows now!

Bornagain
29-01-11, 08:48 AM
Major Stress. Feel for ya. Been throuh it many times and no matter how simple the transaction, you always end up wanting to kill.

Ha ;D ;D ;D

Davey
29-01-11, 09:12 AM
Try looking at private rental rather than through an agency. They are normally a bit more flexible regarding pets

Squashed_Fly
29-01-11, 11:07 AM
Part buy part rent schemes?

Mitch9128
29-01-11, 12:36 PM
I've moved 11 times in the last 15 years, I feel your pain.

mcicy
29-01-11, 03:45 PM

What kind of sick masochist do you have to be to put yourself through this

CBRowner
29-01-11, 04:11 PM
Good job you're not in the forces cos I, along with others, have to move every 2 - 3 years.

Since my return to the UK in 09, I've had to move 3 times and, because Lyneham's shutting, I've got to move again once I gt back from Afghan >:(

Hopefully Oxford Bikers are as friendly as you guys have been :D

Mitch9128
29-01-11, 04:44 PM

What kind of sick masochist do you have to be to put yourself through this

6 times in the mob, only 5 times in the last 10 years as a civvy :)

Jon_W
31-01-11, 11:27 AM

;D ;D ;D Ditto. Is depressing!