PDA

View Full Version : Finally

Hazel-nut
18-01-11, 02:45 PM
after going to the theory test centre on 18 december to find it closed because of the snow i have called 3 times to get a new date and finally today i have a new date ;D
the woman today told me that i was probably talking to new people the last 2 times who dont have the authorisation to re-book me a test but they should have passed me on to someone who does have the authorisation! why are there people on the end of the phone after choosing the option that i want to re-book if they dont have the authorisation to re-book a test? i hope the calls havnt cost me a fortune coz i wont be happy if they have!

rant over :)

my new theory is currently going to be on february 25th, but i may have to change this if i dont get a reading week :P

Jacde
18-01-11, 02:56 PM
Hurrah! ;D
Tbh Hazel you shouldn't need to do too much swatting up for your theory, there are loads of theory tests you can take online, I downloaded one to my iPhone and just practiced on that, a quick flick through highway code for motorbike specific rules and a refresher on breaking distances and road signs.
As you are already a road user you should know most if it already [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

zachl
18-01-11, 03:06 PM
yeh i wouldnt spend too much time in a book, i found that by doing a load of practice theory questions online you really get to learn the questions as they come up over and over again

and good luck :)

Scaredy_Cat
18-01-11, 04:37 PM
I've got the theory test cd-rom thingy you can have if you want. :)

The only thing it doesn't contain is hazard perception clips, which is a bit of a pain as that was the part that I had a problem with (kept spotting the hazards too early)! :D

Good luck with it! 8-)

Hazel-nut
18-01-11, 06:54 PM
thank guys, i have a cd and a book so can have a go at a few -although i did loads before my first test! by reading week i meant a week off from uni so i can go home as i booked it in bath for some reason :P

Beamer
18-01-11, 07:24 PM
at last.......glad you got a date flower.....good luck for the day...premature i know hut hey ho lol hehe ;D ;D ;D

BB
18-01-11, 07:39 PM
Good to hear you are sorted and good luck on the day [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Jon_W
19-01-11, 09:07 AM
Good luck.

Nelly
19-01-11, 01:21 PM
Good luck on the day little 'un x

Iceman
19-01-11, 11:39 PM
Good luck! ;)

Hazel-nut
30-01-11, 10:12 PM
maybe i wont be doing it :-/
i havnt received my confirmation letter yet so checked online to double check the date and time and its not there anymore! looks like im gonna be calling them AGAIN tomorrow to see what excuses they come up with this time!!!!

should i be taking this as a sign and getting my money back and not bothering with the test?

bobf279
30-01-11, 10:23 PM
You may find that they are catching up with the post and your letter is being processed. The date and time won't be available to book because you have booked it already (with some others me thinks). Don't give up it'll be worth it in the end.

Caz
30-01-11, 11:51 PM
Good luck Hazel when you finally get your date. When you are learning your highway code road signs I had a few motorway signs and as they are all blue found them quite hard to remember, so swat up on those [smiley=huh.gif]

Hazel-nut
31-01-11, 06:26 PM
thank you for the advice caz

after 5 calls this afternoon i finally got through to someone who said i am still booked in and he doesnt know why i havnt received my letter or why i cant see it online so he is going to send me another letter!maybe i will end up with 2 :p

the phone system is ridiculous!!i went round in circles as to whether or not i want to hear their privacy statement for 5 mins before i gave up and hung up and i have also been on hold for ages before the automated thing says we have a lorge number of calls so no-one can answer at the moment so why not use the website and then they hang up! customer service is not their strong point! i couldnt even get through to make a complaint!! [smiley=angry.gif]

Robf
31-01-11, 06:36 PM
! i couldnt even get through to make a complaint!! [smiley=angry.gif]

Maybe they did that so that you couldn't complain

Mark_Able
31-01-11, 09:34 PM
'Bout time too. Bloody useless the DSA. Good luck, we're all waiting... ::)

Toph
31-01-11, 09:39 PM
keep pestering them Hazel,,, good luck on the 25th!! :)

Beamer
31-01-11, 10:17 PM
If you havent heard anything by Friday hun come down here and i'll ring them and give a stern talking to...i can pretend to be your mum, I am old enough so i qualify hehehe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

freddieb
31-01-11, 10:22 PM
Yeah, C'mon!.. :) ;)