PDA

View Full Version : Something Meaningful

Squashed_Fly
02-02-11, 08:28 AM
Well, here I am on my 500th post on this forum. An important milestone in my WBers career. I've already lead one rideout (not very succesfully - had to turn back on ourselves on no less than 2 occasions where I had gone wrong!!!) and look forward to the Summer and another 500 sets of meaningless drivel, mixed in with some opiniated sense of self importance, sarcasm and few lame attempts at being funny of just downright philosophical!

Anyway, I found these quotes online. Theres something there for everyone, take from them what you will:

At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict, or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.
-- Barbara Bush

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
-- Helen Keller

Being vulnerable doesn't have to be threatening. Just have the courage to be sincere, open and honest. This opens the door to deeper communication all around. It creates self-empowerment and the kind of connections with others we all want in life. Speaking from the heart frees us from the secrets that burden us. These secrets are what make us sick or fearful. Speaking truth helps you get clarity on your real heart directives.
-- Sara Paddison

Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it with use.
-- Ruth Gordon

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.
-- Grace Hansen

Each day is a new canvas to paint upon. Make sure your picture is full of life and happiness, and at the end of the day you don't look at it and wish you had painted something different.
-- Author Unknown

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-- Groucho Marx

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
-- George Washington Carver

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death.
-- Robert Fulghum

I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing.
-- Anaias Nin

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
-- Katharine Hepburn

If you want to know the past, to know what has caused you, look at yourself in the PRESENT, for that is the past's effect. If you want to know your future, then look at yourself in the PRESENT, for that is the cause of the future.
-- Majjhima Nikaya

It's never too late—in fiction or in life—to revise.
-- Nancy Thayer

Kind words do not cost much. They never blister the tongue or lips. They make other people good-natured. They also produce their own image on men's souls, and a beautiful image it is.
-- Blaise Pascal

Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You're able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment.
-- Ralph Marston

Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory.
-- Betty Smith

Mistakes are part of the dues that one pays for a full life.
-- Sophia Loren

Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.
-- Author Unknown

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
-- Ralph Blum

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.
-- Dale Carnegie

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.
-- John Quincy Adams

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.
-- Dalai Lama

The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
-- Allan K. Chalmers

The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're alive.
-- Orlando A. Battista

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
-- Lady Dorothy Nevill

;) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Dabz
02-02-11, 09:12 AM
geez that was a quick rise to 500 posts! well done :)

Taylor86
02-02-11, 10:47 AM
:o 504 posts in 78 days?!?! :o

That's approx 6 posts a day... busy boy!! :D

Squashed_Fly
02-02-11, 10:51 AM
Don't tell my boss! lol

Jon_W
02-02-11, 11:11 AM
I think SF should have his own section, the rate at which he posts...

;D

Squashed_Fly
02-02-11, 11:22 AM
Has it really only been 78 days? Crikey!

redken1
02-02-11, 05:19 PM
Well done SF. I really enjoy our banter and debates on the Forum and look forward to meeting you in the near future. 500 posts in 78 days - and they reckon I've got too much to say for myself. ;D ;D ;D

CharleyX
02-02-11, 11:58 PM
Whoooo that's quick :o it's been great reading your post / debates you certainly keep thinks moving ......good for you and tks :D

Iceman
03-02-11, 02:08 AM
500 posts in 2 months! Trying to set a record? 8-)

BB
03-02-11, 08:36 PM
He probably has set a record! :D

BB

Bonnielass
05-02-11, 09:24 AM
Isn't there a special category for people that post a lot! Uber Post Whore :-* :P

Bonnielass
05-02-11, 09:25 AM
Well done SF for going Blue :D

Squashed_Fly
05-02-11, 06:10 PM
Lol, it should be bored post whore!

Scaredy_Cat
05-02-11, 06:16 PM
Congrats on your new-found blueness - that's quite some posting rate! ;D