PDA

View Full Version : JUMK MAIL!!!

Hunar
07-02-11, 01:45 PM
Fed up with junk mail? sick of all the take away leaflets on the mat when you get home?

Don't throw it away or stick it in the recycling, keep it, sooner or later you will get some junk mail with a pre-pay envelope, fill that envelope with all the junk mail you can, and send it back to them!

A little note along the lines of...

Stop sending my your junk, and I will stop sending you mine!

can sometimes be a nice addition.

Squashed_Fly
07-02-11, 02:06 PM
I always do this. Makes me smile ever time. Simple pleasures!

Mitch9128
07-02-11, 02:06 PM
Tape it to some old tyres, send them :)

Iceman
07-02-11, 02:09 PM
Fed up with junk mail? sick of all the take away leaflets on the mat when you get home?

Don't throw it away or stick it in the recycling, keep it, sooner or later you will get some junk mail with a pre-pay envelope, fill that envelope with all the junk mail you can, and send it back to them!

A little note along the lines of...

Stop sending my your junk, and I will stop sending you mine!

can sometimes be a nice addition.

Excellent Idea mate! ;)

Ducatista
07-02-11, 02:25 PM
Alternatively it would be more "green" to stop it arriving in the first place.
In order to do this

1) Sign up to MPS (mailing preferences service).
2) Opt out of Royal Mail "door-to-door".
3) Don't give out your details freely e.g. competitions.
4) Tick (or untick) the relevant privacy boxes when signing up to something on-line.
5) For the stragglers email them and ask them to unsubscribe you. Most companies will oblige.
6) Put false contact details in for insurance comparison sites etc. (false email and phone number)

I find I have very little junk mail.

Hunar
07-02-11, 02:55 PM
Alternatively it would be more "green" to stop it arriving in the first place.
In order to do this

1) Sign up to MPS (mailing preferences service).
2) Opt out of Royal Mail "door-to-door".
3) Don't give out your details freely e.g. competitions.
4) Tick (or untick) the relevant privacy boxes when signing up to something on-line.
5) For the stragglers email them and ask them to unsubscribe you. Most companies will oblige.
6) Put false contact details in for insurance comparison sites etc. (false email and phone number)

I find I have very little junk mail.

That works for the addressed letters, but not the leaflets that are delivered seperately by hand to every house in that area. Save those and then send them back to the stragglers with a request to be removed :)

ro
07-02-11, 03:09 PM
1) Sign up to MPS (mailing preferences service).You can do this online (http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/mps_choosetype.html).

2) Opt out of Royal Mail "door-to-door".You can register by email (http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400126&mediaId=500081), but you also need to send back a form to a freepost address.

Uber Dave
07-02-11, 03:15 PM
One of my friends when he was at Uni has a sign on his door saying "If you put any take-away menu's through my door I WILL NEVER EAT AT YOUR PLACE!" as they used to get tonnes. Worked a treat!