PDA

View Full Version : Say No to 0870

Squashed_Fly
07-02-11, 10:46 AM
During a sales call from Sky to get us to switch our phone line over to them (which we have - loads cheaper than BT!), I asked if 0845/0870 etc numbers were included in the free calls.

He said no, but you can ring all those numbers free of charge by using their actual proper numbers (which start 01, 02 or 03) which can be found on the website Say No to 0870

www.saynoto0870.com

I have already used it for calling the bank, 2 ticket booking lines and the doctors surgery. It emans you can also ring those numbers from your mobile and it's free.

Thought I'd share the wealth! Just click 'Search to find alternative number' at the top in the green banner.

Nelly
07-02-11, 12:28 PM
Ive used this site many times. Especially when ringing Orange who's customer service is shocking.
:) :)

Hunar
07-02-11, 12:38 PM
Awewsome site, will save you a fortune!

0870 numbers (and several others listed on the site) charge everyone a fixed rate, not enough to be classed as a premium rate though. I know one call was going to charge me about 15p a minute and the call lasted 37 minutes, but I got the geographic number for that 0870 number, and that is included in most free minutes packages.

Everyone one of those 0870 numbers must have a geographic number to be attached to, this site gives you that number rather than the more costly 0870. If you are unfortunate enough to have to deal with one of those debt recovery companies, they tend to charge a higher rate and keep you on hold for ages to ramp up the money you're paying them. I have to say it's always good to close a long call by letting them know you didn't pay a penny for that call.

Ducatista
07-02-11, 12:44 PM
I don't have the details to have but I have a feeling you can get one of these numbers yourself, so if any sales or debt people call you then they are paying you.

Gamer
07-02-11, 12:53 PM
I use this page when need to - even if they will transfer you to other connection - you have dialed 020.... so it will be free anyway.
Must say not always work - some numbers are disabled so the only way is to pay :(

!!! Rcomended !!!

Hunar
07-02-11, 01:41 PM
I use this page when need to - even if they will transfer you to other connection - you have dialed 020.... so it will be free anyway.
Must say not always work - some numbers are disabled so the only way is to pay :(

!!! Rcomended !!!

Some companies change the geographical number if they see it appear on that site, but there is ALWAYS a geographical number, they route the calls to the chargeable number to the geographical number. If you get a letter telling you to call a number and that number doesn't appear, write a letter back (handy if they include a pre-pay envelope!) asking for a geopgraphical number instead, as far as I know if you ask for it they have to supply it.

Iceman
07-02-11, 02:02 PM

!!! Rcomended !!!

Some companies change the geographical number if they see it appear on that site, but there is ALWAYS a geographical number, they route the calls to the chargeable number to the geographical number. If you get a letter telling you to call a number and that number doesn't appear, write a letter back (handy if they include a pre-pay envelope!) asking for a geopgraphical number instead, as far as I know if you ask for it they have to supply it.

..and duly noted.Thankyou sir! 8-)

Richzx10r
07-02-11, 08:11 PM
Superb.Thanks very much for sharing.

Loops
07-02-11, 08:27 PM
I've used this site for years - very satisfying especially when you get hold of an 0800 number for an 0870, and when you are then on hold for 3 hours you know you've not paid a penny (in fact they probably had to pay for your call ;D)

Beamer
07-02-11, 09:06 PM
Brilliant...didnt even know this existed....found a number i need to ring so well chuffed now....cheers SF ;D ;D

wiltshire builders
07-02-11, 10:15 PM
Everyday's a school day. I got stung when phoning my insurance company for £15. Wish i'd known about this site. Thanks for sharing. STICK IT TO THE MAN! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

zachl
08-02-11, 01:02 PM
this is worth using too.

means you can call 0800 numbers from your mobile as it connects you to a landline first

0800 buster

http://www.0800buster.co.uk/