PDA

View Full Version : This lady should be Knighted....

Jon_W
09-02-11, 11:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJRMkflcZwU&feature=player_embedded#

Watch out for the Granny in the red coat...

I bet they didn't know what hit them!!!!

:o :o :o

Si
09-02-11, 11:55 AM
Fair play!! ;D

Nelly
09-02-11, 12:26 PM
I watched this on the news the other night and laughed like a drain.
Supergran!
Shame it took the other people around so long to go help >:(

Beamer
09-02-11, 03:41 PM
I think the media should be ashamed of themselves..........That poor lady wanted to remain anonymous...so what do they do??
Camp on her bloody doorstep and film her....maybe just maybe she might have been a bit worried about reprisals and the thugs finding out where she lives......
She deserves all the praise in the land and I personally think she was brilliant but why in Gods name did the press have to put her safety at risk???......idiots!!

wiltshire builders
09-02-11, 05:16 PM
I think the media should be ashamed of themselves..........That poor lady wanted to remain anonymous...so what do they do??
Camp on her bloody doorstep and film her....maybe just maybe she might have been a bit worried about reprisals and the thugs finding out where she lives......
She deserves all the praise in the land and I personally think she was brilliant but why in Gods name did the press have to put her safety at risk???......idiots!!
Front page of the papers too. They might as well print her address.
We need more of this kind of thing. The press are making a big deal because it's so rare. Criminals should fear the wrath of the public not use their fear as a tool of their trade.

redken1
09-02-11, 07:05 PM
Get in there girl - now that's what I call real bravery [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
09-02-11, 07:27 PM
She really laid into 'em!! ;D
what a feisty woman... spirit in bucketloads, got to agree with Tina though, she wanted to stay anonimous, I hope she doesn't suffer reprisals .

crewy
09-02-11, 11:55 PM
Ha Ha, i saw this on the news earlier, fair play to her, i like the fact know one else does anything till she has gone over :D

Blackandchrome
10-02-11, 12:31 PM
Could also be said she was very foolish! :(
Sorry to be the devils advocate. But the other view has its merits too. The woman was so lucky that she was not injured, if not worse!
There could be a grieving family now; maybe proud but non the less desolate at their loss. :-/
I have not seen the film coverage but did hear the heated discussion on radio 2 yesterday.
Yeah! Good on ya Gran. But maybe not to be encouraged these days?

Caz
10-02-11, 12:36 PM
Shame no-one else stopped to help her it makes my blood boil >:(. Brave lady [smiley=smiley_up.gif]

redken1
10-02-11, 08:28 PM
Many years ago when we were both young and fit, my brother and I intervened in a domestic dispute in the street. This bloke was knocking the s**t out of his female partner, at which point my brother placed him in an armlock to prevent the girl from receiving serious injury. I then became involved and restrained the girl as she began hurling abuse at my brother whilst kicking him in the back.

Sometimes it's very difficult to make a split-second decision on what is the right course of action in such circumstances. :-/