PDA

View Full Version : Films not to see?

Mitch9128
11-02-11, 03:58 PM
The Expendables, watched it last weekend,probably the worst film i have, and will ever see. Close second is Guy Ritchies Revolver, wtf!
For balance i watched Four Lions the following night, which was hilarious, great film :)

crewy
11-02-11, 04:16 PM
have to say worst film i've ever seen is hitch hikers guide to the galaxy, i would say over half the people in the cinema got up and left before it had finished :o

ChrisJo
11-02-11, 05:01 PM
Book of Eli...... Just how does a blind man smell a car wreck to hide behind??? DROSS!

Mitch9128
11-02-11, 05:02 PM
Book of Eli...... Just how does a blind man smell a car wreck to hide behind??? DROSS!
Interesting, i was gonna watch that this weekend!

Scotty
11-02-11, 05:16 PM
Hmmm, I've generally tried to erase unfavourable cinematic experiences from memory but I'll try to recall some...
The second Bridget Jones film was utter pants, I've heard that the Sex and the City films were dire (never saw either of those fortunately).
Terminator 3 signalled the end of decent storylines and the descent into franchise production...
One I found disappointing was Dreamcatcher, a dramatization of a Stephen King book, the first half was really good, the second became more like Buffy on acid, shame as I bet the book is good (his usually are).

Like Mitch, I'll give Four Lions a big shout, Star and I saw it in Paris (of all places) in December and it was hilarious, brave, funny and poignant too.

Squashed_Fly
11-02-11, 05:32 PM
The second Bridget Jones film was utter pants

You enjoyed the first one then?

Scotty
11-02-11, 05:48 PM
The second Bridget Jones film was utter pants

It was something that the girlfriend at the time enjoyed. The ability to endure the odd chick-flick does gain brownie points... ;)

Mitch9128
11-02-11, 05:52 PM
[quote author=Scotty link=1297436285/4#4 date=1297440984]
The second Bridget Jones film was utter pants[/quote

It was something that the girlfriend at the time enjoyed. The ability to endure the odd chick-flick does gain brownie points... ;)

Phnarr phnarr

R1chie
11-02-11, 05:52 PM
Lost in Translation

Utter dog toffee

Nelly
11-02-11, 05:55 PM
I feel that i must list "Panic Room" in the utterly forgettable listings.
Drivel. Utter Drivel.

Squashed_Fly
11-02-11, 06:10 PM
Worst 2 films I ever saw were 1 hour photo and 21 grams.

crewy
11-02-11, 06:11 PM
I feel that i must list "Panic Room" in the utterly forgettable listings.
Drivel. Utter Drivel.

The family guy version of panic room, is much better!!! ;D

Sean.C
11-02-11, 06:16 PM
Hell ride . Worst film i've ever seen. Avoid

BladeTriple
11-02-11, 09:00 PM
Torque ..... in a nutshell UTTER BLX !

Scott_W
11-02-11, 09:11 PM
Gamer! Utter tripe!!

Morticia
11-02-11, 09:13 PM
The Expendables, watched it last weekend,probably the worst film i have, and will ever see. Close second is Guy Ritchies Revolver, wtf!
For balance i watched Four Lions the following night, which was hilarious, great film :)

I have to disagree. Anything with Jason Statham in is worth a watch ;)

Morticia
11-02-11, 09:15 PM
Lost in Translation

Utter dog toffee

That was an awful experience for me LOL.

Mark_Able
11-02-11, 09:29 PM
Traffic. Saw it at the cinema with another couple, and we were each too polite to get up and walk out. A couple of hours of my life I'll never get back... >:(

Scaredy_Cat
11-02-11, 10:12 PM
One I found disappointing was Dreamcatcher, a dramatization of a Stephen King book, the first half was really good, the second became more like Buffy on acid, shame as I bet the book is good (his usually are).

That's actually a fairly accurate description of the book too - I loved the first three-quarters of it, then it got very weird! :-?

wiltshire builders
14-02-11, 06:21 PM

Why did I not read this thread yesterday? Watched Revolver last night. I'd just got back from a monumental stag do in Newcastle and started watching this pile of Brit sh*t. It just didn't make sense yet I continued to watch in the hope that all would become clear and then it ended. If anyone knows what it is about please message me.

Armagedon, Pearl Harbour and Stuck on you. None of which were my choices.

Uber Dave
14-02-11, 06:33 PM
The Expendables isn't meant to be serious. I liked it, not because it was good, because I needed to waste 2 hours and its the sort of film you sit down, switch off brain and watch. Job done!

As for poor films. Oceans Twelve was good till the monumental **** up that was Julia Roberts playing a Character in a film who then pretended to actually be Julia Roberts..... I wanted to cry at that point!

redken1
14-02-11, 06:53 PM
The second Rambo film when after he had wiped out the whole Russian Army single-handed, Stallone said summit along the lines: "I done it for my flag and my country" Can't be sure if that's exactly what he said because he was so punch-drunk from all those Rocky films. ;D

Chappers
14-02-11, 07:26 PM
I've heard that the Sex and the City films were dire (never saw either of those fortunately).

yeah yeah yeah ::)

;D

Honda_Star
14-02-11, 07:29 PM
No Country for Old men - big pile of brown stuff (why oh why oh why did it win awards?????)

Broken flowers - bigger pile. >:(

SupeRDel
14-02-11, 09:59 PM
SilverDream Racer - David Essex film from the 70's.

Its an absolute embarressment and an insult to motorcyclists. Some of the worst bike racing scenes ever shot.

wiltshire builders
15-02-11, 01:55 PM
SilverDream Racer - David Essex film from the 70's.

Its an absolute embarressment and an insult to motorcyclists. Some of the worst bike racing scenes ever shot.

Yeah but seeing Essex stack it in the final scene was well worth sitting through all that dross. I believe he claimed to have done most of the riding too. What a little ****!

zachl
15-02-11, 03:15 PM
totally agree about revolver, watched it too the other day thinking that if i keep watching it that it will all make sense at some stage, it didnt and i was just angry for wasting my life.

thought the expendables was ok but nothing like what it was hyped up to be, and not a touch on A-team.

CharleyX
16-02-11, 11:29 PM
Brighton Rock..... Just been to see this please don't wast ya money! Or life for that matter