PDA

View Full Version : help needed with hedge cutting..

virginie_morisot
24-02-11, 05:12 PM
Hi all,
i am looking for someone with the right equipment ( :-?) t help cutting hedge round garden , before 9th March..
it woul dtake a good hedge cutter or if someone happened to know someone with a tractor and a blade ... i'll give some money for the help..
isthere anyone out there????
thanks
V

wiltshire builders
24-02-11, 05:41 PM
A tractor! How big is this hedge? I've got a hedge trimmer but it'll only really cut back leaves. I can take a look if you like.

silly_simon
24-02-11, 05:45 PM
I can lay my hands on a chain saw I think ;)

Gerry
24-02-11, 05:49 PM
Sorry Vivi, when I had a big garden I had all the stuff to help, but now all I've got is a courtyard and five empty plant pots :-/

But... this is to make you smile (and yes I know it's a re-post) ;)

Bush Trimming Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvFSgXpyhoM

G :)

Jacde
24-02-11, 06:47 PM
Ooh I'd forgotten about Tina's bush ;D
Vivi, I can come over Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning and although I've only got secateurs I'll do what I can.

silly_simon
24-02-11, 08:14 PM
Sorry Vivi the chainsaw died a while ago, But He does have a sabre saw if needed ;)

What sort of hedge are you battling against that you need a heavy duty cutter ?? Pic's ??

Jacde
24-02-11, 08:22 PM
Hi Simon, Vivi is offline at the mo, the hedge is pretty much a typical farm hedgerow, it's made up of a hawthorne type bush plus brambles. It's about 2 ft thick, height is about 6ft but the over growth is about 2ft in height.
Length of whole hedge is about 40 yards and I'm guessing Vivi will only need to trim the top and garden side of hedge, the other side is in a field.

silly_simon
24-02-11, 08:26 PM
Geezzz so could be an all day job with a sabre saw :( :(

Um leave it with me and I'll have a chat with some guys at work tomoz, see what I can do. Not promising but I might get something more suitable :)

Jacde
24-02-11, 08:33 PM
Aw you're a star, Í'll let Vivi let know

virginie_morisot
24-02-11, 09:06 PM
thanks guys,
i'll take a pic in daylight tomorrow and post on here :-)