PDA

View Full Version : lost data

Hazel-nut
24-02-11, 01:36 PM
My laptop has decided to be weird and mess up at the most vital point in my lfe so far! it has deleted all of my data from my project and all of the analysis i have done! :( luckily it hasnt deleted my essay! i would be screaming and crying if i had lost that and this message would be pleading alot more :p
i could input all of my data again and re-do my analysis but i have 163 participants who all answered 7 questions and i also have to work out the average of each participant so i dont really want to do that!
does anyone know if there is anway of recovering the lost documents? everything that was in my dropbox folder has disappeared :(
any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Nelly
24-02-11, 01:46 PM
Wouldnt worry to much shorty. Im sure one of the techies on here can get it sorted for you...

Hazel-nut
24-02-11, 01:53 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
crisis has been averted
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
it has all moved from my c drive to my d drive! not sure how but i dont really care
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
i have never been so happy to see resuls from anovas and t-tests

Mitch9128
24-02-11, 02:39 PM
Back it up to an external drive, nothing worse than losing work.

Nokesy
24-02-11, 04:02 PM
I am sooooo pleased for you Hazel :) When I saw the title of 'lost data' from you I was hoping and praying I wouldn't read you had lost your dissertation or something like that as I would have cried with you ;D

Life should NEVER, EVER be that cruel to anyone! ;D

Hazel-nut
24-02-11, 04:17 PM

once i find my memory stick again i will definitly be doing that!!

Beamer
24-02-11, 05:46 PM
Back in my day (P.C..... pre-computer) the only stuff I lost was stuff Id written and got chewed up 'by the dog'....well that was my excuse anyway lol.......well done on recovering all your work Hazel....what a horrible thing to happen ...at least you got it all back :) :).... phew !!

Gerry
24-02-11, 06:53 PM

once i find my memory stick again i will definitly be doing that!!

So you can’t remember where you put your memory stick - classic ;D

G ;)

Scotty
24-02-11, 07:07 PM
Anovas and T-tests Hazel? That takes me back to my old 6 Sigma Black Belt days... :)

Hazel-nut
24-02-11, 07:26 PM
Anovas and T-tests Hazel? That takes me back to my old 6 Sigma Black Belt days... :)

whats a 6 sigma black belt? sounds like something to do with karate :P
i didnt think anyone would know what an anova or t-test was

Scotty
24-02-11, 07:44 PM
6 Sigma is the application of statistics, "data-driven decision making", and sigma being the phrase used for a standard deviation, taking something to six standard deviations is about as close to perfection as is reasonably possible (1.37 defects per million opportunities I recall) - it's something that I did in a previous life at Caterpillar (making diggers, not boots...) Anovas and T-tests were some of the analyses that we used to do on data that we'd gathered. I remember Anova meaning Analysis of Variants and it was useful to see whether a variable had a significant influence on the outcome of things...

BB
24-02-11, 08:30 PM
6 Sigma is the application of statistics, "data-driven decision making", and sigma being the phrase used for a standard deviation, taking something to six standard deviations is about as close to perfection as is reasonably possible (1.37 defects per million opportunities I recall) - it's something that I did in a previous life at Caterpillar (making diggers, not boots...) Anovas and T-tests were some of the analyses that we used to do on data that we'd gathered. I remember Anova meaning Analysis of Variants and it was useful to see whether a variable had a significant influence on the outcome of things...

erm, yes..... :-?

BB

Hazel-nut
25-02-11, 02:27 PM
I was expecting someon to say i was making up words but im glad someone else knows what im talking about!

Nelly
25-02-11, 02:29 PM

I understand you scotty. 6Sigma was a Big thing here for a while along with 5S's, Kaizan, 8G blah blah blah......