PDA

View Full Version : True Grit

wiltshire builders
23-02-11, 11:06 PM
Just got back from the cinema after watching True Grit and cannot recomend it enough.
Hailee Steinfeld is faultless as Mattie Ross, a 14 year old girl, out to avenge her Fathers death. Her acting belies her age and puts to shame many so called actresses with more experience.

The casting is amazing and typical hollywood hearthrobs like Josh Brolin, Matt Damon and Barry Pepper are turned into gruesome outlaws.
Jeff Bridges is brilliant as U.S marshall Rooster Coburn. A bit like his character in the big Labowski but his love for bowling is replaced by a love for blowing away people he feels deserve it.....or for money.

I'm a big fan of the Coen brothers work and their use of subtle humour alongside a more serious storyline works really well.

What i'm trying to say is GO AND SEE IT! ;)

CharleyX
23-02-11, 11:15 PM
OK :D :D will do better be good!

Nelly
24-02-11, 12:32 PM
Saw some clips of this the other day and thought that it looked half decent, but now, being as you have taken the time to tell us how good it is, its now a for sure! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
24-02-11, 06:11 PM
Star and I watched it last weekend and can second Wiltshire Builder's comments, an excellent film, Hailee Steinfeld was superb in it, as was Jeff Bridges. Well worth a couple of hours of anyone's time.
I don't recall seeing the original with John Wayne, but he only ever played himself and was a bit one-dimensional, and I'd stuck my neck out to say that this is a rare remake that's actually an improvement on the original. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mitch9128
24-02-11, 07:24 PM
Looking forward to seeing it, the original was John Wayne's finest hour. If you haven't seen the original Scotty, i would reccomend it, brought up as i was by a Wayne/Eastwood fan of a father, it is a great western.

virginie_morisot
24-02-11, 07:47 PM
i might give that a go:-)

Richzx10r
24-02-11, 08:32 PM
Got this on Dvd.Will take a look this weekend

Blackandchrome
27-02-11, 12:28 AM
"I don't recall seeing the original with John Wayne, but he only ever played himself and was a bit one-dimensional, and I'd stuck my neck out to say that this is a rare remake that's actually an improvement on the original." :o
Scotty! If you claim that you haven't seen the original....
how can you "stuck" your neck out and claim the latest version an improvement?
And a "One Dimensional" John Wayne? ::)
I preferred the original True Grit.
But I would also have to admit the Coen Bruvs version was good and Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon played their parts well.

Morticia
27-02-11, 07:57 AM
OK :D :D will do better be good!

Yeah that ;D