PDA

View Full Version : jayjay down after todays ride out.

newnut
27-02-11, 07:10 PM
great day vivi, u did well to organise that one, good to see you all, unfortunately my dad (jayjay) got taken off by a mondeo on the way home and is still out awaiting a recovery van. bike is a write off i think, that lovely new paint work looking a lot less lovely. He's ok, just really stuck now for transport, so if anyone has any thing he can beg steal or borrow for a couple of weeks we'd be very gratefull. anything cheap considered, car, bike, as long as it runs unlike his triumph which now doesn't!

nobby
27-02-11, 07:14 PM
sorry to hear about jayjay hope he is ok,was only admiring the paint job on the ride out 2 day.

Si
27-02-11, 07:16 PM
Oh no! That paint job was very nice and he loved it! Best wishes Jay Jay!! :-[

Nelly
27-02-11, 07:17 PM
Get well soon Jayjay. :(

Scaredy_Cat
27-02-11, 07:18 PM
:( :( :(

Hope you get sorted soon JayJay. Glad to hear the only damage was to your bike. Bloody nice bike for it to happen to though. :-/

Green Man
27-02-11, 07:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad glad to hear he's ok he must be gutted about the bike it was looking so nice hope he find's a ride soon as he will be missed on the ride-outs get well soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

virginie_morisot
27-02-11, 07:25 PM
sorry to hear about this, glad Jayjay is ok nd hope he can sort out a bike soon

silly_simon
27-02-11, 07:28 PM
Sorry to hear this :( get well soon mate

Beamer
27-02-11, 07:34 PM
Please give your dad our best Newnut.......thank god hes ok ...gutted for him about the bike....hope he finds a ride real quick... hugs jayjay :-[ :-/ :'(

Jacde
27-02-11, 07:41 PM
:( :( :(
Didn't really want to hear that!
Yep bike can be replaced, lovely people can't!
Humm notice it was car drivers who caused us to have offs today >:( >:( (tho mine was more a drop and I'm very lucky to only have a few scratches)

R1chie
27-02-11, 07:45 PM
Crap news

Glad to hear he's ok though

Harry87
27-02-11, 07:46 PM
That's bad news nut. Glad hes okay. Though, it was a sweet bike, it didn't feel a thing :'(

Dabz
27-02-11, 07:49 PM
Geez that's 3 offs on one ride then? Gutted to hear about JayJay and his bike, especially after that paint job! At least he's ok though..a paint job is less painful to damage than a body!

Hazel-nut
27-02-11, 08:05 PM
Sorry to hear he came off but glad he's ok! They say bad things come in 3s and it sounds like today it did!

redken1
27-02-11, 09:10 PM
Get well Jayjay buddy. Who was the 3rd off? - really hope they are ok. Got to say with all the mud and rain roads were very greasy today. I felt the back-end give minor slips here and there when I was just a bit too keen with the power exiting the bends. Take care out there.

njl
27-02-11, 09:15 PM
bad news, but hope he's fine, sad for the bike though

CharleyX
27-02-11, 10:13 PM
:'( :'( Great he's ok such a shame about the bike though :o best of luck mate ;)x

Scotty
27-02-11, 10:28 PM
Did the Mondeo driver stop and admit liability?

Nico_babe
27-02-11, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your Dad Newnut.
Who was the third off?

I know Jackie had a stumble and now JayJay, but who else :( Gulp

Green Man
27-02-11, 11:20 PM
one of the new guy's Nick

JAYJAY
28-02-11, 12:08 AM
Totally, absolutely completely GUTTED!!!!

2 offs in just under a year - both thanks to blind planks in metal cages!!!

This time sadly, although at less than 5mph, the gear lever has pushed the main shaft through the case!! Engine is a write off.

Yes Nelly , the guy did stop after inflicting the damage - but as I walked towards the drivers door he gunned it without any admissions!!

Thankfully as it was on a Sainsbury's filling station forecourt (only stopped by to use the jetwash) it has all been captured on cctv. Plus a sainsbury employee volunteered as a witness as did the couple in the car behind him.

Thanks all for all your good wishes, yes I'm fine - not even bruised! - I'd readily swap a broken arm/leg for my engine tho'

Anyone any ideas where I can locate a 1999 - 2001 955i daytona or preferably Sprint engine?

Nooj
28-02-11, 12:08 AM
**** sauce, dude. And only a week after bringing it in to me. Hopefully the valuer will offer a bit more if it's written off as it was looking in good nick!

BladeTriple
28-02-11, 07:43 AM
Get well soon Jay Jay , sorry about the bike too :'(

Squashed_Fly
28-02-11, 08:45 AM
Cars people - give them a wide berth!

Remember, only a fool breaks the 2 second rule. I know that's easy to say, but (and he said this himself), but James accident was his fault. After a long ride, concentration drops, we feel tired, our reaction times slow. You need to give yourself plenty of space on the road. Think about the conditions. It was wet yesterday, and if James had kept the recommended 4 seconds distance between him and his brand new VFR, it would be shiny on his drive now, instead of in bits in my garage.

Ask yourself constantly 'what might that car up in front do that may cause me harm' and try to keep your hazard perception awareness up. We were riding in the wet, cold etc and it's so important to factor these things in with your riding and ride defensively. A lot of times, accidents are the fault of the cars, but if we were riding more aware, and defensively, we could have avoided the accident. I'm sure there's a reason why these all happened at the end of the day. I saw a few few 'interesting manouevres' yesterday, given the rain and the mud on the road.

JayJay, I'm really sorry bud. Glad you're ok, and the bike is replaceable. You're not.

It's a jungle out there, you have to think extra hard about where the tigers & snakes might be hiding!

BB
28-02-11, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear this JayJay. Is it a total write off or damaged repairable?

BB

Caz
28-02-11, 02:00 PM
Hi Jay Jay, so so sorry to hear of your accident poor bike :( but glad you are ok

Ducatista
28-02-11, 02:24 PM
Glad to hear you are ok and sorry to hear about your bike.

Admitting liability can invalidate insurance, so it's a good thing he didn't do so.
He shoudl have stuck around to see if you were ok, but maybe he felt threatened.
At least he stopped.

But the main thing is that you're ok.
However gutted you are about the bike, it is easier to put back together than you are.

Snowy
28-02-11, 02:59 PM
Sorry to hear this Jay Jay - hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction. Shame about the engine, it did sound good as I followed you down the A350 before I peeled off for Devizes last night.

Gerry
28-02-11, 03:58 PM
Gutted for you mate - it's a stunning bike !

Hopefully it (or another the same) will be back on the road for the best of the summer.

Cheers
G

Bikermouse
28-02-11, 09:59 PM
Sorry to hear this news Jay Jay. I know we only met you shortly after the first blind cage driver initially damaged the bike and then you had that lovely paint job done.

Hope you find something else in the meantime.

kj

Cemorah
01-03-11, 09:22 AM
Sorry to hear this Jay Jay hope you are back on the road soon

6T
01-03-11, 11:09 AM
sorry to hear of the offs hope you get sorted soon JayJay

newnut
01-03-11, 01:31 PM
just an update, i took my dad (jayjay) on the back of my bike to shepton mallet yesterday and picked up an engine. unfortunately its a 1.3 ford engine or something strapped inside a contraption called a fiesta, 0 - 60 in about 3 weeks! well its a run about till we get his bike sorted. he hates it, lol.

Nelly
01-03-11, 03:36 PM
just an update, i took my dad (jayjay) on the back of my bike to shepton mallet yesterday and picked up an engine. unfortunately its a 1.3 ford engine or something strapped inside a contraption called a fiesta, 0 - 60 in about 3 weeks! well its a run about till we get his bike sorted. he hates it, lol.

LOL Make sure you get a pic of him in it then ;D

Jacde
01-03-11, 03:46 PM
Oh so cruel but yeah let's have pics ;D
How about a paint job, go faster stripes maybe, make your Dad feel better about the car :D

Sean.C
01-03-11, 08:25 PM
Sorry to hear about the bike. Good news your ok and hopefully your be out of your fiesta and on to two wheels soon.