PDA

View Full Version : Supporting the homeless

Nokesy
21-02-11, 04:06 PM
Hey you lovely lot

On Fri 4th March, I'm planning on sleeping out in Bristol grounds to raise awareness for the homeless and raise money towards my charities work in Bristol which supports ex-offenders, women wishing to exit the sex industry and former service personnel leaving the services.

If you can afford even just a couple of pounds, it will all help us to support some of the most marginalised individuals in society to improve their quality of life. Many are homeless when they come to us and have real experiences of the brutality of life on the streets for prolonged periods of time in all weathers.

You can pay online at

http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/bristolsleepout

Many thanks :)

Jacde
21-02-11, 11:54 PM
I'd offer to sleep out with you and keep you company but I'm on night shift then, so my donation will be on it's way in the next few days. :)

Just put my mind at rest tho, you won't be on your own on the night will you??? :-?

Nokesy
22-02-11, 09:28 AM
I'd offer to sleep out with you and keep you company but I'm on night shift then, so my donation will be on it's way in the next few days. :)

Just put my mind at rest tho, you won't be on your own on the night will you??? :-?

Cheers hun :) much appreciated!

And no, not alone - although having done it last year I wish I was! Got bedded down between 2 male colleagues, 1 of which had the audacity to accuse ME of snoring in the morning!! ;D It was the one the other side of me! I never slept a wink!! Taking my i-pod this year! ;D Which I know doesn't really fit with the whole homeless thing but needs must.... That and some alcohol (which does fit!)

Nokesy
22-02-11, 09:28 AM
If anyone else would like to join me in sleeping out, just let me know :)

Jacde
26-02-11, 08:17 PM
Donation made chick [smiley=thumbsup.gif] :-*

Bonnielass
27-02-11, 09:31 AM
I have donated Gemma, good luck on the night! :)

Nokesy
28-02-11, 10:19 AM
Thankyou both very much :)

Nokesy
04-03-11, 03:00 PM
Apparently it's going to be -1 tonight..... anyone else feel sorry for me and want to send a little money to my Charity?? :)

Jacde
04-03-11, 05:24 PM
I wish I wasn't working as I'd come and join you.
Hope you have a good night and a safe one!

Jacde
05-03-11, 08:18 AM
Well done Gemma for lasting the whole night, in what was temperatures of below -3 :o
I've just cycled home and I'm freezing!