PDA

View Full Version : Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide

BladeTriple
28-02-11, 06:59 PM
Kaz and I haven't been out for ages for dinner and we decided to give the Bell at Standerwick a look (between Westbury/Warminster and Bath ) The food was amazing and a nice atmosphere a few carrot crunchers and farmer types but it is Wiltshire after all . A little more pricey than your average pub grub but if you like your foody pubs this is definitely one to give a look x

http://www.thebellstanderwick.co.uk/ is the place.

I just thought it would be a nice idea for a spot to recommend good places to eat out be they good to go on the bike or just out with the woman or man in your life :)

Also

http://www.yumyumthai.com/ Yumyum Thai near to the Odeon Cinema in Bath is also pretty amazing if you like your Thai food doing a cheap lunchtime menu , normally half the price of the evening meal....

Anymore for anymore .... There must be lots of good food lovers out there , after all theres not many at the H&C with loose fitting leathers ;) More recommendations please x

Dabz
28-02-11, 07:30 PM
Without meaning to sound like a creep, the food at the h&c is some of the best I've had in a long time..have eaten there a few times now

Also the Thai balcony in bath is awesome

Caz
28-02-11, 07:46 PM
Thumbs up for The Barge at Seend [smiley=thumbsup.gif] but don't bother with 3 Horse Shoes at Chapmanslade >:(

Caz
28-02-11, 07:53 PM
The Riverside Inn at Saltford nr Keynsham does a really nice Sunday carvery if over that way :)

Squashed_Fly
28-02-11, 08:47 PM
The Crown at Ampney Crucis is the best food I have ever eaten. And I've had some nice food! Short of going back out to Italy, it's the best grub available!

And I feel well placed to judge as my leathers are quite tight! ;D ;D ;D

Hazel-nut
28-02-11, 09:11 PM
Thumbs up for The Barge at Seend [smiley=thumbsup.gif] but don't bother with 3 Horse Shoes at Chapmanslade >:(

when did you go to the 3 horseshoes? it has changed hands a few times recently and has gone up and down! my parents live just down the road from there :P

Loops
28-02-11, 09:19 PM
I've been impressed by the Hare and Hounds in Corsham - the food is really good! Oh, and luckily it happens to be my local too ;D

Also, Yak Yeti Yak in Bath is great for something a bit different. And Yen Sushi (NOT Yo Sushi) is also very tasty :)

Si
01-03-11, 09:07 AM
Without meaning to sound like a creep, the food at the h&c is some of the best I've had in a long time..have eaten there a few times now

Also the Thai balcony in bath is awesome

Creep! ;D

Jon_W
02-03-11, 11:35 AM
Try the Barge in Bradford on Avon, very good food and drink, the Ivy Inn at Heddington near Calne, very good country pub or Pizza Amici in Bradford on Avon... great little Italian, but you must book in advance!

Caz
02-03-11, 01:33 PM
Hi Hazel, went there for my birthday meal on Saturday night, very basic menu which I thought would be safe but curry with no curry sauce, chips that had been re-heated. I rang our orders in the night before and booked table to eat at 8 oclock and we got served and 9.45. The food was going back as fast as it was coming out :( I also told them my mothers meal was NO onions as she is alergic and guess what - it came with onion rings >:(

What do your parents think of it then !!

Mitch9128
02-03-11, 01:43 PM
Stopped at The Northey on the Bath rd, just out of Box the other day. Was very smart, great service and the food was very nice. My only complaint was why the fook did the Ploughmans lunch have Brie on it!!!

Hazel-nut
02-03-11, 03:18 PM
Hi Hazel, went there for my birthday meal on Saturday night, very basic menu which I thought would be safe but curry with no curry sauce, chips that had been re-heated. I rang our orders in the night before and booked table to eat at 8 oclock and we got served and 9.45. The food was going back as fast as it was coming out :( I also told them my mothers meal was NO onions as she is alergic and guess what - it came with onion rings >:(

What do your parents think of it then !!

thats not good! it used to be very nice and i know one of the chefs that works there and he is a very good chef but i dont think the front of house are very good! i have onl eaten a coupld of times there and they were quite a while ago but last time my mum went there with a few friends 1 of them had a merlot wine and asked for second one but they wer given a different red wine as they had run out of merlot but didnt tell her! i beleive it is now owned by the people who own the wheatsheaf in frome!

ro
03-03-11, 08:27 PM
The Three Crowns (http://www.threecrowns.co.uk/), Brinkworth is worth a visit for their multiple interesting blackboard menus.

Hazel-nut
24-03-11, 09:37 PM
Just got back from the 3 horseshoes and it has a new owner (again)!! The last owner is apparently in Thailand after being investigated by the police for something but the new guy is very nice and friendly!he's from south Africa and has been here for only 10 days so far but is doing a very good job! The food is amazing-although I have to say that as I know the chef-but I think everyone else will agree :)